Saturday 1st November - Kent twisties.

Guest Phil Young

*Did this run Sunday just gone - it was wicked, some real nice roads on this one***

TYPE OF RIDE: Twisties, 'countryside' B roads (some A's but that's just their name, they are B's really :wink:).

ENGINE SIZE: All welcome (yes - even 125's!). Will adapt ride to the group.

DEPART TIME: 10.30am (after a short brief).

MEET: The white Hart (car park), Tonbridge Rd, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 1SG

WEATHER: Forecast is cloudy and sunny.

Description:

For those of you that get a thrill of being in your high-mids and high RPM's, this one is perfect for you! For those that love scenic riding whilst taking a more leisurely ride... equally as good :wink: Lovely long straights that allow you to ramp up a bit of speed, corners and double bends that you will just make you come out the other end with a smile of enjoyment & beautiful scenery (if you ride slow enough to enjoy it that is :wink: of countryside. What more could you ask for? We'll start at the mentioned meet point and end at toy's hill - really nice pub there with garden so we can sit down after the ride and have a chin wag :)

10372582_10154792388625305_7744445472553550880_n.jpg?oh=61afb5203e14129c21f1eed8b25236fc&oe=54B267E4&__gda__=1425081680_fc084b73125e083b45e1eeb0363dd3ea

Get your names down for it folks!

I'm up for it as long as it's not raining at the weekend. I've just got my bike back, valve clearances done, plugs changed, air filter etc, it's running well so I'm looking forward to going for a ride at the weekend.

You and me both. I have new tyres which will sort my terrible handling and bike is now at full power with the EXUP valve sorted so I am definitely looking forward to it, especially since I've sampled this cracking route!

Of course, sorry, been riding.

To those coming as always full tank empty bladder. Even more so as there isn't a fuel stop off due to it being under 100 miles.

Anyone else coming please confirm so we know who to expect.

Of course, sorry, been riding.

To those coming as always full tank empty bladder. Even more so as there isn't a fuel stop off due to it being under 100 miles.

Anyone else coming please confirm so we know who to expect.

I won't get 100 Miles out of a tank of fuel just to let you know.

That's rubbish... just to let you know :lol:

Alright, I'll adjust my route to include a fuel stop arpund half way through.

That's rubbish... just to let you know :lol:

Alright, I'll adjust my route to include a fuel stop arpund half way through.

If I fill up at the point we leave I might just be ok the light would definately be on again before the end though, Italian bikes are thirsty :(.

Edited by The Hitcher

Weather is gonna be great! So gutted I can't make it...

Might pop along to the meeting point to say hi.

Joe mate, didn't you say you were catching a 24hr bug and needed to give the builders the day off!? Haha. If possible, come for a half hr ride or something if you can, just drop off when you need to.

UPDATE:

Finished the routes with a fuel stop at cross in hand on the A27.

Wicked ride chaps. Nice to meet you Julian & Ollie.

My report:

We split it into 2 parts, both roughly 90mins or so. Part one was quite relaxed, but there was a few villages & main roads with a bit more cars on the road than we would have liked. Still nice but didn't come close to what fun we had on part 2...

After a fuel re-fill and a leg stretch we went on our way to toys hill via some fantastic roads. Some of these were just fantastic. And it was pretty much like that the whole way, bar a few main stretches to get us onto those lovely roads and the obviously cars that we had to over take. Someone was actually doing 25mph on a 70mph road... held up a few cars that did.

Don't know what yiu chaps thought but I'm glad part one didn't require the brain power #2 did, that needed some serious concentration :lol:

We stopped off at this really nice pub in toys hill and had a diet coke (and coke for the non-believers:lol:)

Anyway, to conclude my report, it was really enjoyable and would be weather you like to take it steady and enjoy the ride or rev up your engine and make it perform as it was built to :)

I have some footage and some images. Will upload later.

Think I'll do the same again next weekend :)

...Might re-route part one though to take out a chunk of cars we need to overtake ;)

Cheers Phil & Ollie, also good to meet you guys.

I have to say I really enjoyed the run out and it is the first proper blast I've had in years. A few more outings and I should be back up to full speed!

Looking forward to next time & seeing some of the video stuff.

Thanks for organising.

Julian :cheers: