Bank Hol Monday 4th May: To Rykas Cafe....and beyond!

Probably! Or looks like you're using a tactic Chris would use to look less tall in photos haha! He stood back a bit to look less tall apparently :D !

Btw, It was disappointing you didn't look like your avatar pic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome Jools!

Loved seeing that little 390 carving through the pack.

Hoping I got the angry copper on video ;)

Coppers don't get angry!

They might if the bad behaved motorbiker speeds through and they stuck in a traffic ;)

If you mean my multiple vehicle overtake then I just couldn't resist that lovely open road!

If you mean my multiple vehicle overtake then I just couldn't resist that lovely open road!

Funny you say that...

We had a Police Land Rover (stationary on the other side of the road waiting to turn right) put on his blue lights and wave out of his window as we rode past :?

I've reviewed the camera footage, and i wasnt doing anything wrong. I was slowly overtaking multiple slow moving cars (no double whites or anything naughty like that - just a single broken line), and i pulled back into my lane with plenty of space... Then the police on the other side of the road stuck on his blues?? I can only assume there was something going on behind me that he didnt like the look of as i wasn't doing anything illegal, simply "making progress"... maybe his wife wont let him buy a bike? :up:

Funny you say that...

We had a Police Land Rover (stationary on the other side of the road waiting to turn right) put on his blue lights and wave out of his window as we rode past :?

I've reviewed the camera footage, and i wasnt doing anything wrong. I was slowly overtaking multiple slow moving cars (no double whites or anything naughty like that - just a single broken line), and i pulled back into my lane with plenty of space... Then the police on the other side of the road stuck on his blues?? I can only assume there was something going on behind me that he didnt like the look of as i wasn't doing anything illegal, simply "making progress"... maybe his wife wont let him buy a bike? :up:

Maybe he was in a hurry to get some doughnuts !

Funny you say that...

Maybe he was in a hurry to get some doughnuts !

maybe i should have "High Fived" him as i rode past..

http://www.piclnk.net/joeman//HighFive.gif

maybe i should have "High Fived" him as i rode past..

http://www.piclnk.net/joeman//HighFive.gif

Christ Joe that's one scary gif...

I saw a land rover copper pulling over a shabby looking car, I think he prob had the ANPR on and was checking vehicles that went by.

But if the coppers pulled the group over, my plan was to hide behind Riffmaster and let him do the talking :lol:

That KTM 390 duke was the shit! It's the style of bike I'm really into at the moment which is driving the desire for a MT07. It was fooking quick for a single cylinder 390, and it was a great small size so it just weaved up the group no problem at all, I loved the skinny back tyre, reminded me of the 250 2-stroke gp bikes, and its turn in speed was just mental. He has to come on more rideouts!

I think my fav bits of that ride were the straight where I gunned it and Riffmaster passed like I wasn't moving. Where I had Paul Kent and Joeman behind on the loose stuff, was tense but great part of the ride as all the bends were blind, many had crap in the road or double apex's, or cars squeezing down the lane, but it demands good use of the back brake and smooth power control so even though it was slow, it was good to me, and also the chunk where I was chasing Matt Strange through a set of twisties, his bike was loud and sounded sexual on exits of bends :)

We should do similar again, or meet earlier and do a route to Brighton, only issue could be moos knee (missing half her ACL) which aches after being bent for too long so may need to swap with someone if they have a bike with more rear leg room :wink:

Gotta do it quick though, I'm having an operation that involves my face being cut open in June so won't be able to ride for a month after that!

I saw a land rover copper pulling over a shabby looking car, I think he prob had the ANPR on and was checking vehicles that went by.

But if the coppers pulled the group over, my plan was to hide behind Riffmaster and let him do the talking :lol:

Ah maybe thats what it was then.. I'll check the footage and see what car was in front of him.

I wasnt in the mood to chat to the police, so I made a rather swift exit. But then i realised because I'd caught up with the lead rider, at the very next turn I'd have to stop and mark the corner until everyone, including potential angry copper, came past... Lol.

Lets note it now!

IF you should go flying by all of us, leader n all, and a copper goes blaring by 20 seconds later, we'll understand and either see you at the meet up location or hear the story once you're out of the nick :lol:

(I am joking for any outside readers thinking I'd seriously suggest running from police)

Hey heyyyyy, please see the Rideout Reports & Pictures section for piccies! Add vids here too please, will make em easier to look back on in the future 8-) :thumb:

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57068&p=889874#p889874

Nice vid Raabey 8-)

Nice one. Still need to edit all my footage!

What software did you use to mask the number plates?

I was using Sony Vegas Pro and used the gaussian blur effect.