Bank Hol Monday 4th May: To Rykas Cafe....and beyond!

Ok, so thanks to newbie 125-er Tataray for suggesting a rideout meet in Surrey, it looks like we may have something on the cards now!

Bank holiday Monday, 4th May: 2pm, meet @ Rykas Cafe. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Rykas/@51.255562,-0.322177,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4875e6d4a1eca4a3:0x52aa859a4f4d673e

I am literally the worst person to ask about the route however - I don't know where I am most of the time and couldn't tell you the numbers of any A roads I've been on since mooving to London except the A3 cos I never pay attention or follow a sat nav!! So if we could all pitch ideas for the route we will work something out :mrgreen: . I personally prefer to ride a route in a circle and end up back at the same point or nearby-ish, if everyone else does? (So we don't end up riding really far away for some people). Looks like Rykas is a great middle-ground for most involved so far, and for those that don't know, v popular with bikers and there are likely to be shite loads of other awesome bikes there. I can do something to make my bike really obvious if you like and we can meet by it? ...maybe attach balloons or something haha!

Let us know if you fancy joining, and route suggestions would be fab! Joeman suggested we follow me to set the pace as this will be a more laid-back 125 friendly ride, but I know that's a BAD idea haha! So I suggested following Fozzles as he sets a great pace for me often (with the occasional blast ahead on long straights, then waits for me to catch up).

Shall we all stick together if possible for the rideout? What happens if there are traffic lights/riders get caught behind trucks etc? I'm not sure how to arrange a rideout tbh...the tagging system we used for the Essex/Cambridge rideout was great and no one got lost (can explain this on the day) - but any other suggestions are welcome.

Really looking forward to this, finally a rideout I can join in on too :thumb: ! Warning in adviance, I have clutch problems...there is a small possibility I could break down...in which case I would be happy for Fozzles to continue to lead the ride without me while I wait for breakdown people!!! :lol:

Mostly or completely confirmed bikers so far:

Tataray

BikerMoo

Fozzie

Joeman

Perky80

Matt Strange

Paul-Kent

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

I will see if i can juggle my days around at work. If i can then I'm up for it, but don't hold your breath.

What happens locally with larger ride outs is we have a leader and a back marker who stay in position all the time and every time you take a junction, the person who happens to be behind the lead bike will stay at the junction until he see the back marker, then he'll move on, so everyone keeps the same route.

There are always plenty of places to regroup every now and then if needs be

definitely use a drop off marker system , and a tail end Charlie....depending on the size of the group a double marker system works better if theres lots of bikes. would also suggest that both lead bike and tail end Charlie swap numbers with everyone incase you lose a bike or 2. and make sure you're aware of the implications....group ride leaders have been known to be held responsible for the actions of anyone in the group.

I can supply a route for you guys if you want. Just let me know the amount of miles and where you want to stop off... can supply in any sat nav format.

I can't make it... big group to hastings that day (bike 1066 may-day run).

How about a route to another cafe! :lol:

I don't think we'll be going too far - how far is good for you 125ers?

dont mind, il be travelling for an hour to get there anyways... numb bum time :P

Would appreciate those routes please Phil, will have a look later, and at that cafe Paul/Matt. I don't mind tbh, happy riding for an hour or so, or longer at a time...has just been a while!

Thanks for advice Cat and Alex, will get back to ya all properly later :cheers: . Fingers crossed for good weather :mrgreen: looks like we have a decent group of us going!

Nw, will try to sort this out before the weekend - I am gonna come home from Cambridge early on Sunday so Fozzles and I can do a dummy run before the meet :mrgreen: . Phil, will probably pick your brains, and will look into that cafe in Worthing Paul :mrgreen: :thumb: . Woop! Any other takers? Will sort out a nice, scenic route with a stop-off before returning to Rykas (or thereabouts).

Moo (et al),

Sorry but I will be heading 'oop t'north' for some Jordy & Yorky tags (plus Cumbria).

However, there are a couple of tags near where you lot are going - Chance to get on the 'Challenge 100' list!!! 8-)

Hope you have a great ride-out.

:cheers:

Hey lovelies.

Right, so I suggested a day, time and place and am concerned the ride is falling on my head when I don't know routes/where to ride/anywhere that isn't around Sutton, Kingston or Central London :lol: ! Paul, having looked at it the suggestion for Worthing may be a little bit far when we are leaving at 2pm; if we stop for a drink at the cafe in Worthing we would get back to Rykas at the earliest 6pm - and that's if we went straight there and straight back via long straight boring A roads...and it's bank hol Monday will likely mean more traffic/busy everywhere: https://goo.gl/maps/rsMx4

Any ideas? I remember doing a job in Crawley from Sutton via a pretty odd route due to some main roads being closed and diverted through some really nice wind-y country roads...could go somewhere else from there...or somewhere else entirely?

This is the current weather forecast btw...though I'm sure it'll be changeable this far in advance:

964675072_ScreenShot2015-04-28at20_39_17.png.33fa0c0b859a0d9ec9d2ee9636dcc4c1.png

We could always do another ride on the next bank hol Rickaaaaay! :mrgreen: Omfg you're getting that Ninja 300 aren't you???? Arghhhh shooo much jealousy!!!!! But it isn't green... :D

I'm always happy to ride as long as it isn't raining or crazy windy.

And Raabey I would be more than happy for you to make us a route and lead - or we can do Sol's route - have you done that journey before? 2 hours max for the first one maybe would be good - sol's route is a nice amt of time...can do a longer one next bank hol if you guys fancy, and leave earlier than 2pm :thumb: . 8-)

I've ridden around there plenty of times :)

After work I'll look at everything route-wise and get back to you guys.

We'll be using the cornerman system. Don't worry If you don't know what that is I'll explain it on the day, or you can google it to familiarise yourself with it.

I'll need some to put their name forward as tailgunner to stay at the back of the group throughout the entire ride.