Cafe to Cafe ride out idea

Ok i'm new to being on the bigger bike, and enjoy the comrades I converse with and have met.

SO i feel like doing some weekend rides, while the weather is reasonable so I have an Idea.

In Maidstone we have a newish biker cafe called RECA, my plan would be to meet up here on the day of choice and then head off to tunbridge wells along the A roads, then down the A26 through crowborough and join up with the A272.

Once on the A272 we follow it until we get to our destination Loomies for lunch.

Its about 100 miles one way, so be a good ride and day out.

If people wanna join up en route we could arrange meeting spots.

Good thing about this is the route will be simple to follow as basically 1 road.

what do people think.

Wessons and back is a good ride. Takes in 7 mile lane and a scenic route in Yalding alongside the Medway if you so wish.

Oh wait, I'm doing that this weekend with LMRC :P

As Phil said in the other thread, 200 mile round trip is a pretty long trip this time of year. Hope you have heated grips and a decent jacket ;)

There's also 1066 cafe

Wessons and back is a good ride. Takes in 7 mile lane and a scenic route in Yalding alongside the Medway if you so wish.

Oh wait, I'm doing that this weekend with LMRC :P

As Phil said in the other thread, 200 mile round trip is a pretty long trip this time of year. Hope you have heated grips and a decent jacket ;)

There's also 1066 cafe

I guessed that this time of year would be a pain, hence no date. I have 45 mile loop i like to do, but im game for any rides out and meeting up.. can work on the 200 miler for summer time

Saaauff London you say, you can only join if you have a passport and the relevent jabs :P

I know the drill, my friends used to live in Brixton ;)

I imagine there will be some pilgrimages to the Ace Cafe when the weather gets nicer, I'll wait for those rather than risking catching something :lol:

Saaauff London you say, you can only join if you have a passport and the relevent jabs :P

Seeing as we're talking about London, I assume that the "relevant jabs" are given with a folding knife and administered by a teenager wearing a hoodie...?

Join the LMRC on Facebook and meetup.com plenty of stuff going on on there and spaces left for wessons tomorrow.

LMRC is LOndon Motorcycle riders club?

Yes

LMRC - Are they mainly Saarf of the river? Or is there stuff for us Northerners too?

There was a guy on the ride yesterday from North London and a ride up to F2 motorcycles in a couple of weeks.

IS there anywhere North of London worth visiting then ;)

I imagine there will be some pilgrimages to the Ace Cafe when the weather gets nicer, I'll wait for those rather than risking catching something

You'll be waiting a while... Ace cafe is for suckers! We go out and ride ;) haha...

Welcome to the club by the way :mrgreen:

haha they do a mean bacon sarnie though ;)

Thanks! I'm eyeing up that cider run....

That was good, I lead it last year due to a fault with Carsten's bike. Was a real nice day... just don't leave cider in your top box like one member did... you can imagine the ending to that story.

That was good, I lead it last year due to a fault with Carsten's bike. Was a real nice day... just don't leave cider in your top box like one member did... you can imagine the ending to that story.

lol, well i have joined and signed up for the ride to rye for a bag of chips, providing weather is stable ill join it.

lol, well i have joined and signed up for the ride to rye for a bag of chips, providing weather is stable ill join it.

Nice one. Come and say hello. I'll be 2up on a YBR.

See you guys at the chip shop.

I'm going with the group from Sidcup.

Going to be pretty awesome with 57 bikes from the two groups.

Cod and Chips starts at £7.50. Take your own ketchup as the stuff in the shop tastes like Morrison's own brand.

Your start point is different to mine but both groups are leaving at the same time and heading to the same place. Just don't forget to update your RSVP if you do change your mind due to weather. Looks like there might be some rain hanging around from the day before if the forecast is to be believed :(

Your start point is different to mine but both groups are leaving at the same time and heading to the same place. Just don't forget to update your RSVP if you do change your mind due to weather. Looks like there might be some rain hanging around from the day before if the forecast is to be believed :(

dont mind rain if im already on the bike....its before i start, when i mind:P

dont mind rain if im already on the bike....its before i start, when i mind:P

I'm just the opposite. Hate to get caught with my trousers down as it were, much rather put the waterproofs on before I set off than have to stop to put them on during a ride or risk walking around like I wet myself when I arrive.