Calne--Bike Day

Guest justarider

So close to home...would have been cool but I'm stuck on my ship until August! Maybe next year... :(

Serves you right for being in the Navy or are you posh enough to have your own yacht :lol: :lol:

Col is it just a day thing or can you camp??? Either way think I will be up for it work permitting as usual oh and weather permitting :roll:

yeah a one day event--starts about 11 a.m. till around 5 p.m.

if there are a few coming I'll sort somat out camp wise--should be no probs

then could do evening ride around--and pub at night

sent ya a pm

Me and the missus are up for that...... :lol:

We must organise a meeting place and ride on down together and the evening at a pub would be good too.... :twisted:

nice one DW-- if you wanna stay over we'll sort something out---could do a ride around after event then up local for ale.

Have you a tent or I got one but my gaff is a complete hovel so don't expect nicee nicee new this and up to date that -- would have a spare room but that is full as used as storage room but could tent in garden--means I'll have to cut grass :lol: :lol:

I'll PM you later as need to let my staff know :lol:

Fazerdai--you staying ???

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/ ... e_meet.php

bit of info if anyone still going as heard nowt so haven't made any arrangements with staff on peeps staying over except for Mel64 at the only b/b available--weather may be ok on day but looks like rain tonight.

and meeting ReptileSmile there about 12.45 on main street outside big pub by traffic lights

Hey - we had a great time! Thanks to JR (as ever), Mel and Amanda for a great day out!

Sorry we had to chase off. Si had re-arranged his work in the morning, so that's why we'd got there early. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the day - it really was great. A fabulous number of bikes there, and, Justarider, I hope you'll agree, I didn't see a scruffier one than mine all day! Even the speedway bikes were in better nick! Lol :) How satisfying...

Who says us Posh Southerners don't get out to meets, huh..?!

Hey RS nice to meet you too...

Had a good day at Calne and then JR showed us a few of his 'circuits'

Me and the missus stayed in a BnB in JR's village and he then showed us all of the pubs!!! :cheers: ... Bit of a fuzzy head this morning then Col??? :lol: Paracetamol was it???

Sunday met up with JR to show us more of Wiltshires finest on a route to George White's motorbike emporium in Swindon... A good weekend :thumb:

Ps... Is there anybody left on here to read this????? :shock:

Had a good couple of days there--- it was somat to do -- glad you and Pipey liked the 'tracks' :lol: :lol:

Pipey, Mel, ReptileSmile and some random peehead :roll:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2874/1002034je4.jpg

gattling gun 8)

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/2599/1002040ao5.jpg

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sorry....sorry...sorry...sorry....

I was really looking forward to going over to the Calne bike day....even heard from a few people over in Bristol during the week that it's well worth going.....

.....but work, put me on call for the weekend and of course then threw me into a server rebuild as well....

The best wknd in ages ruined.....it was great weather, what I saw of it.....I think maybe I need to change my job.....any ideas on a new job..??

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(