Nice places to ride in Wales?

As I'm moving to Mountain Ash in August, I'd love to know any cool places to ride, decent biker friendly pubs etc, preferably in the south of wales, but not adverse to a ride to the north!

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly all of Wales! If you don't want to go too far north there is the Brecon Beacons, Elan Valley (mid Wales), and if you are adventurous to go a bit farther, Lakes Bala and Vyrnwy have some stunning scenery and brilliant roads :D . And of course a great biking cafe at the Ponderosa (Horseshoe Pass nr Llangollen).

• 1 month later...

Great roads around Monmouthshire and up in to the Brecon Beacons. Further afield is Llandovery and on to Lampeter (fantastic all the way from Brecon).

Biking stops:

IMO on of the best is the Steel Horse Cafe near Raglan http://www.steelhorsecafe.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You get an amazing selection of riders there and a great place to see shall we say more old school bikes :)

Abergavenny bus station - main meeting place as pretty massive parking spaces and great for people watching as you get some right weirdos there...

West End Cafe in Llandovery is a nice meeting spot and is pretty full of bikers

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this is kind of a dead thread but I like the A4069. Well worth a ride down it if you are in the brecon beacons area :).

Welcome to the forum mate. :wave:

Why not head over to the Newbies section and tell a bit about yourself, your dream bike and that kind of stuff?