Welsh Roads......

Paul

give me chance lol :)

get pudsey sorted and see the weather goes as worst part over here is the amount of leaf on the decent roads does not make it much fun at the mo especially in the wind and rain ....

was up in Aberystwyth the other day and the waves were breaking the sea wall by at least 10 - 15 ft ( will find the pics )

I was on an eleven bike rideout a week or so back round Snowdonia but it was another forum meet up so didn't think it appropriate to post up.

Not sure Wales as a stand alone rideout section works though. I always looked at the North West and Wales section of old but now rarely look in this one :?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Not sure Wales as a stand alone rideout section works though. I always looked at the North West and Wales section of old but now rarely look in this one :?

I agree Jota. even though i do look at the midlands section i rarely look at this one

:stupid: . Wales does indeed have great roads . Saddly the police dont want our motorcycles riding them . Be prepaired for a few pulls by them in a days riding . . I have been stopped three times in one day and at least once a day . . Not because ive done anything wrong . just to tell me about safe riding ( Bla Bla Bla ) . However !! Be carefull not to be sporting a dark visor ,small num plate ,or sometimes if there bored a loud race can can be a problem in wales . Plus keep one eye on the sky . The chopper is up most weekends and will have you for allkinds if your not carefull .

I found the exact opposite Mally.

4 days there and never got pulled over, never had any problems, and only saw the helicoptor out once. I wore my mirrored visor constantly (With the exception of a couple of hours one day) and never had any problems with that. About 4 police cars saw me with it.

You can have a perfectly good time there if you don't take the pee with speed.

In regards to the roads, they are a million times better than any I have been on in England. Smooth tarmac, well sign posted, extra grippy tarmac where appropriate and sensible speed limits.... Common sense has been used rather than the over reaction you get in England.

If the weather is good and a few fancy meeting up at the Ponderosa Cafe for a rideout, if I am free I will be up for it.

you have been lucky mate . It wasnt only me , One time there was about 25 bikes pulled over . Now ive worked hard all week and intended enjoying the fine weather on my only real day off from the wife and kidds . . But to stay on topic welsh roads are indeed a joy to ride .

:stupid: . Wales does indeed have great roads . Saddly the police dont want our motorcycles riding them . Be prepaired for a few pulls by them in a days riding . . I have been stopped three times in one day and at least once a day . . Not because ive done anything wrong . just to tell me about safe riding ( Bla Bla Bla ) . However !! Be carefull not to be sporting a dark visor ,small num plate ,or sometimes if there bored a loud race can can be a problem in wales . Plus keep one eye on the sky . The chopper is up most weekends and will have you for allkinds if your not carefull .

Not the case down South, rarely see Police though I know they are there. They have to be really bored to start on cans, visors & plates unless you have an accident.

It has to be all down to Herr Brunstrom, if he feels bikers have had it too easy lately he'll tell his mounted army to stop on sight all bikers on a given Sunday and read them the riot act.

Maybe I'm lucky (or maybe I ride the right roads) but I have to say in my 30 odd years riding in north Wales I've never ever been pulled for 'no reason' by the Police. When I have been asked to pull over it's because I've been naughty :oops: :lol:

about 3 years ago my mates and i got stopped 4 times in a day! twice by the same copper!

near welshpool.

I think it's better now!

I don't really have a problem with it anyway tbh, as long as bike's legal and you're not being too silly should be ok.

I use the opportunity to have a fag :lol: