14/6/09 Ponderosa to Bala

Voodoo

I am orf to Aberystwyth at sparrow fart tomorrow.

I have to be there by 08:00 to provide 1st Aid for the Aberystwyth Show.

80 mile e/w commute - does it get any better!

3 or 4 of us are out on Sunday, not sure where we're headed yet but will let you know if we're heading your way :)

Apart from Korben showing a vague interest in coming out for a spin I don't think anybody else is going, so I'd be happy heading out with you guy's somewhere, just name the time and place.

I am orf to Aberystwyth at sparrow fart tomorrow.

I have to be there by 08:00 to provide 1st Aid for the Aberystwyth Show.

80 mile e/w commute - does it get any better!

But thats Saturday, what about Sunday?

3 or 4 of us are out on Sunday, not sure where we're headed yet but will let you know if we're heading your way :)

Apart from Korben showing a vague interest in coming out for a spin I don't think anybody else is going, so I'd be happy heading out with you guy's somewhere, just name the time and place.

Jim with a ZX12 suggested Machynlleth, Welshpool, Bala, Cerrig D then Betws y Coed. I texted back fine and asked for an 11 or 12 o'clock start to which I'm still awaiting a reply :roll:

Told Houdini about the plan and he now says it's a 'tentative yes' from him, Houd and me are off round menai bridge for a beer tonight so will know more then (if not before).

Tim with a troublesome Daytona 1200 may make an appearance :lol:

I'll be on the Blackbird as the g/f wants out on the bike tomorrow!

I'll text Houdy and Jim now and see if I can get more concrete plans off these guys and let you know back asap :D

11:30am start from Caernarfon then follow the roads down to Mach etc and back via Betws y Coed. Ain't got a clue how far or how long 'time wise' that is but I'm guessing a few watering stops along the way :D

Jim lives right on the waters edge of the Menai straits in Caernarfon and is offering some bbq nibbles in their garden at the end of the ride too. 8-)

Houdini is having a Quill can fitted to his R1 today in Wigan and hasn't replied as yet to whether he's 100% coming tomorrow.

My mobile is in contacts or just leave a message here if you're up for it. Meeting up at Waterloo Port Caernarfon or can meet you at Morrisons fuel station in c'fon or 'One stop services' on expressway if you prefer.

Jims house at Waterloo port or Morrisons c'fon or one stop Bangor? :lol:

Is this one stop Bangor?

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/Voodoo1972/Map-1.jpg

Can we meet where the red cross is?

Is this one stop Bangor?

Thats the front gates to Penrhyn Castle but can meet you there at 11:30 no problem.

Is this one stop Bangor?

Thats the front gates to Penrhyn Castle but can meet you there at 11:30 no problem.

Excellent, will look forward to it.

Think its going to be a boiling hot day!

Heh guys, I'll come out tomorrow as well. Could be in Menai Bridge Paul for about 11:20 or meet you in Caernarfon Morrisons about 11:45 ??

Let me know tomorrow.

Matt 07545 255827 - Be on a Red Multistrada :cheers:

Heh guys, I'll come out tomorrow as well. Could be in Menai Bridge Paul for about 11:20 or meet you in Caernarfon Morrisons about 11:45 ??

Let me know tomorrow.

Matt 07545 255827 - Be on a Red Multistrada :cheers:

See you later Matt, probably best if we meet at the front gates to Penrhyn Castle at 11:30.

Glad you both made it home ok, was good to meet you to.

We headed up the A490 to Bala (a great run!!) Had a much needed brew in Bala the headed over to Cerigedrion (sp) at hit the A5 back to Capel where we split up.

I got back to Penmon about 6:30pm 210 miles and 7 hours after i left home :)

Hope to do it again soon, I imagine Jim and Derek are proper pissed by now !! :cheers: :cheers:

I was working in Chester today.

Yesterday was amazing!

80 miles of empty roads, the sun at my back and a full tank of go-juice. I caught up with a 3.6 litre, 350bhp, V8 diesel Range Rover - and then he took off like his arse was on fire. I decided not to chase but caught up with him later and he pulled over so I gave him a wave of thanks and nailed it up to $%@ the legal limit and left him behind.

Had a chat with him later at the show - he travels that road every day and he was in a demonstrator - which is why he was able to take off that way. It has 6000 miles on the clock and needs a new set of tyres already 8-)

The Dolgellau to Machynlleth road is A-may-zing!

Me and Debs back at nine thirty (and sober :wink: ) ain't got a clue to the mileage as I didn't check before the off haha. Good to meet everyone today, nice run but a little too long for you guys to make the bbq :(

BBQ was a nice ending to the day for us, watching the sun go down across the Menai Straits 8-)

I'm sure we can sort it better time wise next time.