Anyone up for this?

Fazer Pete

You can count me in Pete :wink:

I've been lucky I guess for the last many years riding Snowdonia's fine roads at less busy times, but that meeting with "Herr McLoud" the other Sunday gave me an insight into the sh1t others have been suffering for far too long.

Not sure Pete.

If hundreds of bikers turn up, some will play the fool and will grab the headlines, some will fall off and prove that we're all mental, some will get done for speeding proving we're all dangerous and the usual small plate loud pipes brigade will whinge when they get ticketted too.

The best way to reclaim the place is to just go there and don't take the piss (too often :mrgreen: )

Nice one Derek. Will have to hope it has some effect.

Fair points Phil, though if you take the pee in any area you will get pulled. Just would be nice not to have to put up with the way they treat us in Wales. Fair enough, if i do something daft then pull me, if not, leave me alone

I was just reading some of the comments on MCN - Prevention of Terrorism ffs!

The Police hierarchy are the ones who dispense the wisdom of stopping and harassing innocent people, supported by the morally inept Government, or Toy Town Assemblies, in this control freak society.

Sadly, the Officers on the front line have taken the bullshit to heart and are over enthusiastic in their application of the smallest detail of the law.

I have often seen Police vehicles with headlights out - we'd be up for a stop and harass if our lighting were faulty.

The Police "Service" is fast becoming, if it is not already there, a separate body from society, who view the world from the outside when in uniform but are open to all sorts of shennanigans when off duty - I believe the word is hypocrites.

Mmmh - perhaps I might be up for this after all :D

I was just reading some of the comments on MCN - Prevention of Terrorism ffs!

The Police hierarchy are the ones who dispense the wisdom of stopping and harassing innocent people, supported by the morally inept Government, or Toy Town Assemblies, in this control freak society.

Sadly, the Officers on the front line have taken the bullsh*t to heart and are over enthusiastic in their application of the smallest detail of the law.

I have often seen Police vehicles with headlights out - we'd be up for a stop and harass if our lighting were faulty.

The Police "Service" is fast becoming, if it is not already there, a separate body from society, who view the world from the outside when in uniform but are open to all sorts of shennanigans when off duty - I believe the word is hypocrites.

Mmmh - perhaps I might be up for this after all :D

Thought you wouldn't be able resist :D

I recon I'd be up for this. Not too far from me anyway and im sure i can get the saturday off work. If more people from here confirm they are gonna go then ill book the day off and go for my first forum ride!!

Its on a Sunday Caz :oops:

Fine then ill get the sunday off :up:

I recon I'd be up for this. Not too far from me anyway and im sure i can get the saturday off work. If more people from here confirm they are gonna go then ill book the day off and go for my first forum ride!!

Its on a Sunday Caz :oops:

Fine then ill get the sunday off :up:

:D :D :D

Thats the point though QB. In North Wales, you don't need to break the law to get tugged

So, if these riders are not breaking the law what are the fines etc that people are moaning about ? If they were not breaking any laws they would take it further and win the case.

Let's face it if you speed and get pulled it's a fair cop, If your plate is undersized, it's a fair cop, If your pipes are not for road use, it's a fair cop, tinted visors, coloured headlight covers the list goes on. The law may be an ass but it is the law.

Don't do anything to draw attention to yourself and you will be OK.

As has been stated you will get ar*eholes up there doing all the wrong things and proving Brunstrom right. It will serve no valuable purpose, only to malign the vast majority of riders.

Thats the point though QB. In North Wales, you don't need to break the law to get tugged

So, if these riders are not breaking the law what are the fines etc that people are moaning about ? If they were not breaking any laws they would take it further and win the case.

Let's face it if you speed and get pulled it's a fair cop, If your plate is undersized, it's a fair cop, If your pipes are not for road use, it's a fair cop, tinted visors, coloured headlight covers the list goes on. The law may be an ass but it is the law.

Don't do anything to draw attention to yourself and you will be OK.

As has been stated you will get ar*eholes up there doing all the wrong things and proving Brunstrom right. It will serve no valuable purpose, only to malign the vast majority of riders.

I see what your saying cruz, but you get the idiots up there in cars aswell but there are no roadblocks pulling every car in and giving them a lecture. If your on a bike up there, you will get pulled over at some time, regardless of wether you where doing something wrong or not.

That's not the complete picture though...

the force admits officers stop around 400 riders every summer weekend including 350 who have committed no offence.

So 1 in 8 DO break the law, which to be frank seems to me to be justification for stopping that many in the first place.

That's not the complete picture though...

the force admits officers stop around 400 riders every summer weekend including 350 who have committed no offence.

So 1 in 8 DO break the law, which to be frank seems to me to be justification for stopping that many in the first place.

Sorry bogof but I have to disagree. Why should 7 riders innocent of any offence be stopped/pulled on the off chance the police can find a fault with them their bike or whatever???

It's pure and simple harassment, NWP are pulling near enough the same number of riders in 2 weekends (4 DAYS!) as another force pulls in a year! (365 DAYS!!) see below....

North Wales Police denies it wants to drive riders away but a motorcycle officer in the road policing unit of another force said: “From the outside it certainly looks that way. Four hundred is an enormous number of riders to stop in a weekend. We stop about 1,000 a year."

On that ratio NWP would be stopping 73,000 riders per year :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry bogof but I have to disagree. Why should 7 riders innocent of any offence be stopped/pulled on the off chance the police can find a fault with them their bike or whatever???

It's pure and simple harassment, NWP are pulling near enough the same number of riders in 2 weekends (4 DAYS!) as another force pulls in a year! (365 DAYS!!) see below....

North Wales Police denies it wants to drive riders away but a motorcycle officer in the road policing unit of another force said: “From the outside it certainly looks that way. Four hundred is an enormous number of riders to stop in a weekend. We stop about 1,000 a year."

On that ratio NWP would be stopping 73,000 riders per year :shock: :shock: :shock:

"a motorcycle officer in the road policing unit of another force" sounds to me like journospeak for "I can sensationalise this story further by quoting someone, from somewhere, who said something, at some time in the past". Had the journalist really wanted accurate figures from another force they are easily attainable using the FOIA. I wonder why he quotes an unverifiable source instead?

On that ratio NWP would be finding 9,125 riders who HAD committed an offence! That's quite horrific by any standard.

Now I wonder why MCN are not campaigning to reduce the number of offences being committed?

If there were fewer offenders, maybe NWP wouldn't feel moved to stop so many so often. As I said previously, the number of offences uncovered justifies the action they are currently taking... in their eyes, and I have to say currently in mine too :)

The biking community really don't do themselves any favours by ignoring the lawbreakers and targetting instead the law enforcers in this way. :?

according to my step dad(hes a police man and a prick) if the police pull you without a reason legally you are allowed to jump on your vehicle and drive away :) however they might not like it. make sure you understand there is absolutley no reason for being pulled first!

Why dont we have like a checkpoint type place as you enter Wales. Where you can get a Bacon buttie and cup of tea while the copper has a look over your bike if its Clean your entered on the police computer so a quick look of the computer tells the Police you've been checked and they leave you alone. Unless of course your caught speeding.

I would rather be checked when convenient for me, rather than be pulled over at the side of the road in the middle of a decent day out.