Short bimble to Mid Wales

Post here all planned ride outs and meets for this area.
Message
Author
rick

Short bimble to Mid Wales

#1 Post by rick » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:30 am

I'm heading off from Brum to towards Newtown and then down the loverly A483 to Cross Gates before picking up some nice roads back to B'ham.

Anyone else out in these parts wanna meet up for a coffee/chat/appreciation of everything 2 wheels?

If so post here, or drop me a PM... I'll be leaving around 1130 :)

Map Clicky here

rick

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#2 Post by rick » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Awesomeness of awesomeness... great ride... here is a pic of my baby up on the A44 just after Cross gates

:love:

Image

roy1962
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 1250bandit

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#3 Post by roy1962 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 pm

rick wrote:I'm heading off from Brum to towards Newtown and then down the loverly A483 to Cross Gates before picking up some nice roads back to B'ham.

Anyone else out in these parts wanna meet up for a coffee/chat/appreciation of everything 2 wheels?

If so post here, or drop me a PM... I'll be leaving around 1130 :)

Map Clicky here
were is cross gates mate,i live near to bgham.and ride to newtown devils bridge often,going tommorow but trying to figure out were cross gates is,

User avatar
rennie
Moderator
Posts: 32182
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha Midnight Star 1300
Location: Telford/ Smethwick
Has Liked: 2305 times
Been Liked: 847 times

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#4 Post by rennie » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 pm

:lol: this thread is 2 years old!

I don't think he's going to answer you! :lol:

I've been to crossgates but can't remember where it is :lol:
Ian.

roy1962
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 1250bandit

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#5 Post by roy1962 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 pm

[quote="rennie"]:lol: this thread is 2 years old!

I don't think he's going to answer you! :lol:

I've been to crossgates but can't remember where it is :lol:[/quo

:oops: didnt notice the date, :stupid:

roy1962
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 1250bandit

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#6 Post by roy1962 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:53 pm

roy1962 wrote:
rennie wrote::lol: this thread is 2 years old!

I don't think he's going to answer you! :lol:

I've been to crossgates but can't remember where it is :lol:[/quo

:oops: didnt notice the date, :stupid:
im looking on the map .can see a483 but cant see crossgates on the map

rushwind
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:05 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): cbrxx1100
Location: NORFSTAFFSnearStoke

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#7 Post by rushwind » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:59 pm

crossgates is where the a44 crosses the a483???, the cafe is a little east of the roundabout? texaco fuel, the heavenly road is from the roundabout on A44 to the right( north) the A483 to Newtown :lol:
Image

roy1962
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 1250bandit

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#8 Post by roy1962 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:11 pm

rushwind wrote:crossgates is where the a44 crosses the a483???, the cafe is a little east of the roundabout? texaco fuel, the heavenly road is from the roundabout on A44 to the right( north) the A483 to Newtown :lol:
:cheers: fount it ,give it a go in morning ,then onto elan valley

User avatar
geoff90
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:11 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#9 Post by geoff90 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:20 am

Its a great road that, and I've ridden it loads :)
Nothing like a bit of biker talk/banter :)

roy1962
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 1250bandit

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#10 Post by roy1962 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 pm

geoff90 wrote:Its a great road that, and I've ridden it loads :)
yer mate it was fantasic nice and twisty.great day out.then onto aber.

User avatar
geoff90
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:11 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Short bimble to Mid Wales

#11 Post by geoff90 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:54 pm

yeah its fab, when i pop back to the uk next year maybe I'll visit that part of the Wales again... lived there and ridden those roads too much to just forget about them ;)
Nothing like a bit of biker talk/banter :)