martynmcg

<t>Which day?</t>  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which day?

• Sunday
    • Saturday
    • Other
    • Shut up and go away!

Morning all. Decided it was time we great folk up here should sort out a meet of some kind. There seem to be a few of us in Scotland according to the 'scotland' thread so I thought we could try and arrange a regular ride out/meet for all of us to attend.

My thoughts are a ride out maybe once a month ie; the last Sunday/Saturday of every month. We could try and meet at different places each time if possible. That way you don't always have to travel far, we can ride a different road all the time and whoever lives locally can show us their favourite road/route/spot for biking.

So I put it you all to either vote for the last Saturday of the month, last Sunday of the month or choose the 'other' and insert your own idea. Either way it'll be an opportunity for all of us to put names to faces, possibly make new mates and just enjoy a big ride out altogether.

So for instance if we all meet in Glasgow (just cause I live here :lol: ), head out the A82 by Loch Lomond to Inverary or somewhere along that road, stop for a break something to eat, grab a few photos, have a laugh, then head home and post about it on here. Potential there for a great ride out.

Stick your votes in and any ideas or anyone wants to help organise it and we'll see what comes out the other end :twisted:

Sorry mate, just seen this thread.

Sounds great to me as well, and I am sure my neighbour would be up for it as well.

There are potentially some great routes, even going up to where Benjerrybob and Orkneyrob are in Fife and Stirlingshire, and of course where Daz is too.

Out by Edinburgh as well where the guy Rhino is as well which is also close to Bris.

Noticed more and more folk from up here coming on recently.

Last Sunday of the month is ok for me.

Although October is out for me as I have some pretty important and serious stuff coming up.

Although I am not far from you anyway Martyn, and now that I will have the bigger bike will be good as well.

Cheers for even posting about it, and looking forward to meeting some new friends and finding new routes.

Difficult for me to know much in advance what I am up to at the moment but I will keep an eye on this shiny new forum to see what's going on! So long as you don't mind the slow newbie ;-)

(I get the fear - nearly killed myself in a variety of interesting ways over the year to realise that mortality is a terminal condition!)

Difficult for me to know much in advance what I am up to at the moment but I will keep an eye on this shiny new forum to see what's going on! So long as you don't mind the slow newbie ;-)

(I get the fear - nearly killed myself in a variety of interesting ways over the year to realise that mortality is a terminal condition!)

Passed through Doune yesterday mate, but didn't know I was going that way or I would have gave you a shout.

Headed down to the Green Welly then down to Inverary.

Great roads, and tons of bikes about too.

And me on a 125, chasing my neighbours R1 :lol:

Agree with you there jera. It might be cold but at least we'll still get some good dry days. :wink:

Obviously a point I missed is that you are more than welcome to invite people you know from outside the forum. Not a drama at all. As long as they are aware of course that there will be riders on 125's or maybe not as confident and whatnot but it's not a race. It's a meet-up and a casual ride out among mates. I'll leave that up to all your better judgement of course.

Or even better, get them to join the site. There's nothing like free advertising eh? :twisted:

Shame I missed you Ratser... not sure where I was on Sunday mind - bit hectic at the mo! Usually around somewhere though so if anyone is passing this way (I mean... why anyone would be heading down the A84 is beyond me....) feel free to give me a shout. If I am about but can't get out you can always stop off for a coffee ;-)

Shame I missed you Ratser... not sure where I was on Sunday mind - bit hectic at the mo! Usually around somewhere though so if anyone is passing this way (I mean... why anyone would be heading down the A84 is beyond me....) feel free to give me a shout. If I am about but can't get out you can always stop off for a coffee ;-)

Will do next time Rob. 8-)

Think there was model aeroplanes flying about down there as well that I noticed.

That wasn't you was it ? :wink:

Nah pretty sure I wasn't there... think I may have been drinking ;-)

Off down to Wales this weekend, and then beer festival next weekend... my liver is going to be riddled by the end of this month ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright all I am in Mid Calder by Livingston I am up for meeting up, I have not been riding long so I might be a wee bit slower than most. Hope thats ok.

My bike is away for winter as it needed new brake pads and I just decided to do a couple other bits while I was there now its getting stripped back ready for next year.

Thomo

• 2 weeks later...

Aye Thomo, exactly as Ratser said, it's about meeting up and having a laugh mate, not really a race meet. Especially on some of the roads up north in winter. It's dodgy walking on them, never mind racing :wink:

Obviously weather at this time of year is gonna make or break any ride plans, however are folk thinking about the end of November or is it being left until the better, warmer weather ?

Or is anyone heading to Edinburgh to see the guys on the Pudsey run tomorrow morning ?

I thought roads seemed a bit frosty this morning, but guy round the corner just shot past my window on his CBR600RR.

I am not sure if they are leaving at 9am, or that is the meeting time.

But it is 9am at Edinburgh Castle.

Think I will head out somewhere this afternoon.

If anyone is going out and about give me a shout.

Will leave about 1pm or something.

Guest Mr Miller

Will be arriving in the Borders region late tonight with 2 tired, grumpy kids.......not to mention a tired & grumpy Mrs. Miller.

Hopefully I'll get half an hour in the bike shop in Galashiels!

Are there any other close-by bike places, anyone?

Don't know if any of you folks would be interested but I finish up my work this coming Friday (start a new job in 3 weeks) and I'm planning a wee run out and about on Sunday. Depending on whether my wife has given birth by then or not, she was due on Saturday past so..... :?

But baby and weather permitting just to see if anyone fancied a blast up north, maybe the A82 or somewhere close by (just in case I need to turn and run :wink: )

Any takers :?:

Cool mate. I should be getting my bike back either tomorrow or Thursday. Getting new pistons in the front brake caliper this time. Guess that means my entire brake system has been overhauled then :evil:

Started out with a new back disc needed and some new pads to a complete re-work. Never rains but it pours. So I'll need to take the bike for a good stretch on Sunday (weather permitting as you say) to break all the new stuff in. I'll check the 5 day weather later today, see if they've put up a forecast for Sunday yet.

Sounds good to me.

I am still running my bike in as well, and could do with a good stretch too.

Do you want to start a new thread in case anyone else fancies it ?

Will check with my neighbour too once I know what the weather is gonna be like.

Aye, the weather on Sunday is sh*t. Heavy rain, plenty of wind so unless it changes it could be a no go.

I think a new thread might be a good idea Ratser. This was supposed to be a poll for the best day to ride out, now we've kind of altered it a bit 8-)

I'll throw a new thread up called Out and About. Place to give a quick heads up if you're going out for a blast or any last minute runs instead of popping a new thread every time you head out. :D