charity ride!!

Guest kawa-ali

Hello all in scotland!! i am a newbie. i love my bikes. i would love some help from all you bikers out there. i want to do a charity event for the r.d.a (riding for the disabled). its a horse riding arena where they only get money from donations its a non profit organisation. the reason i ask is i like other bikers get so much fun from riding my bike. my mum who has m.s gets so much enjoyment out of it and even did a sponsered kayak herself to raise money!! so i think if we all put our heads together we can come up with a way to ride our bikes and raise money. we could make it a yearly thing but change the charity every year while raising awareness about whatever and whoever we care about. please please please help me with ideas or if you just want to ask any questions.

Hiya, I'm near Falkirk so not *that* far from you. I volunteered for a while at my local RDA, so I know the good work they do :)

I have absolutely no ideas, sorry! But I would be interested in taking part in any bike related charity fundraising, so I will be keeping an eye on this thread :)

great thanks for the reply just hope we can get some ideas and show people that the scots are'nt tight fisted lol. so far all i have is getting everyone to put r.d.a t shirts over our gear while visiting the centers. but cant work out a unique way to make people give generously. any ideas all welcome!!

hi evryone i am going to speak to my local rda this week and i have dates im thinking june 12th 2011. i should come up with a plan this week but in the meantime anyone interested in a charity ride out let me know. if you have any good routes then lets hear them.