Thurso/John O’ groats

Beansie

Bit of a long shot but anyone local or planning a ride out up this way over the next 10 days? I’m working in Thurso (travelled from Manchester) and I’ve brought my bike in the van so I can ride some of the local roads and take a photo of my bike at the John o’ groats sign of course!

Don't bother with JOG, just look at a map and you'll see that it's a nothing sort of a position.

If you want to go to the North East corner then that's Duncansby Head Lighthouse or if you want to go to the most Northerly point then that's Dunnet Head.

I’ve driven up to JOG in the van and I must admit other than the ice cream shop the rest is disappointing, would just like a photo for the memory bank and I also stopped at dunnet head last time we was up here that’s a nice little spot. I think I’ll ride to there and if I get time on the weekend I was hoping to try and head over to the north west using the coastal roads as per the NC500 route, there’s another lad who can drive the van so on the journey home I plan to do Thurso to Inverness as I enjoyed driving the A9 wishing I was on my bike.

[mention]Bender[/mention]

We started off in New York then picked up the hire car (Ford Expedition absolutely loved it!)

Drove to New Jersey, Maryland, Washington, Virginia Beach, North Carolina, South Carolina, Hilton head and Florida over a 3 week trip it was my first time to America and I would do it again tomorrow I loved it and saw so much of it during my time there.

The last time I was at JOG it was clearly work in progress to make it look nicer and more interesting. That was a couple of years ago.

.....I'm not normally an advocate of the use of nuclear weapons, but JoG. ...........

Yeah, that would be because of "Doomray" just along the coast.........but that's OK - 'cos it's in Scotland, you don't even have to bother changing the name....... (and before anybody has a go, I really love Scotland.....had many great biking holidays there. You gotta see the "Electric Brae"....weird.)