Game of Thrones

Place your funny or entertaining, stories, videos, jokes and pictures here.
Fozzie
Bike(s): 2013 Honda CBR600F
Has Liked: 62 times
Been Liked: 197 times

Re: Game of Thrones

#61 Post by Fozzie » Wed May 15, 2019 9:22 am

Six30 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:55 pm
She went way to far I think , outrageous behaviour with the dragon :?
Despite the rushed nature of the last season, I've liked how they've managed her madness.

It's been hinted at since early on "take what is mine with fire and blood" because she was denied ships. She would show hints of this madness when things don't go her way, it was only the likes of Jorah etc who kept her level. It's not reasonable, it's not rational, it's not something you can sympathise with. Like her father, it's like a terminal condition.

I was worried they'd make it more about Cersei pushing Dany over the edge. But a lot of people can say they've met a "Cersei" in life who drove them or others into a very angry state. So I thought it was a great touch she didn't go mad until after the city surrendered. As at that point, the armies could have marched to the red keep and captured Cersei. But this wasn't enough for the mad queen.
Working on bikes offers a therapy no amount of money can afford

Hoggs
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Has Liked: 3207 times
Been Liked: 2597 times

#62 Post by Hoggs » Wed May 15, 2019 10:53 am

Ok ok this article says exactly what I think much more bettererer than I ever could!!

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/2781/A-P ... ferent-Now
NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE 2019 CHALLENGE?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68681

ImageStopping you having fun since 2017

Gin
Bike(s): XJ6, Sprint 1050
Has Liked: 727 times
Been Liked: 422 times

#63 Post by Gin » Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 am

There's a reason writers have haunted eyes and always seem like they need a hug. Give everyone a break.
This did make me bark with laughter; have a few creative friends who have this look.
... It's about the approach changing in the third act. That's the sort of thing an audience can feel happening, even if they can't put their finger on exactly why.
By placing so much emphasis on the ending, the showrunners changed the nature of the story they were telling, meaning the original story and the original characters aren't the ones getting an ending.
Their substitutes are.
I saw someone sum it up as "The characters used to drive the plot, now the plot drives the characters."

Good article @Hoggs, sums it up well.
Palmtop Tiger
Previously Tsurugi-ijin x

Hoggs
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Has Liked: 3207 times
Been Liked: 2597 times

#64 Post by Hoggs » Wed May 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Also, anyone else catch Varys trying to poison Daenerys?? I think I was distracted by the notes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE 2019 CHALLENGE?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68681

ImageStopping you having fun since 2017

Fozzie

#65 Post by Fozzie » Wed May 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Took me a moment to catch on :lol:

"Why does he care about her well being if he's literally writing a note to tell the world Jon is the... Ohhhhhhhh"

Gutted he died, I warmed up to his character quite a bit. When Little finger went, I thought that he was safe. As they both represented the smartest players of the game of thrones to me. But came at it from different ways.

learningtofly
Bike(s): 2016 BMW R9T
Has Liked: 377 times
Been Liked: 404 times

#66 Post by learningtofly » Wed May 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Hoggs wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:59 pm
Also, anyone else catch Varys trying to poison Daenerys?? I think I was distracted by the notes
Damn - I heard it but couldn't put two and two together at the time. Thank you, and that certainly makes his demise slightly more acceptable!

learningtofly

#67 Post by learningtofly » Mon May 20, 2019 8:59 am

Well...

(Don't worry, no spoilers this early in the day!)

Gin
Bike(s): XJ6, Sprint 1050
Has Liked: 727 times
Been Liked: 422 times

#68 Post by Gin » Mon May 20, 2019 9:01 am

I don't think I've ever avoided any social / news media like I have so far today :shock:

One person in my office got up early so he could watch it and he keeps giving knowing grins whenever he passes...
Palmtop Tiger
Previously Tsurugi-ijin x

learningtofly

#69 Post by learningtofly » Mon May 20, 2019 9:06 am

Gin wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:01 am
I don't think I've ever avoided any social / news media like I have so far today :shock:

One person in my office got up early so he could watch it and he keeps giving knowing grins whenever he passes...
I'm WFH today and I couldn't even look at my phone for fear of seeing something... just blacked out the lounge and watched it before starting my day off in the real sense!

Kelbam
Bike(s): lexmoto venom, Kawasaki ER-6f
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 94 times

#70 Post by Kelbam » Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 am

Ok, so i cant be arsed to type this out again, so i have just copy pasted what i wrote on fb lol

!theres a.spoiler which i have tagged at the end of my reply for the latest/last episode!

The best comparison ive read about GOT is to full metal alchemist. The anime also finished before the manga, and it suffered from it. When they re did it and created brotherhood, they had all the source material and you could just tell. It should never have been finished without the books being finished, and iirc, they were all supposed to have been out before the series concluded and that is on GRRM. Of course i could be wrong on that last part but the point still stands, if the books had been out, the story would have flowed as it did when they had material to work from. I'm pretty sure that GRRM has said 'this is the conclusion i want' but i wonder if he will change it up, seeing the peoples reactions to the last episode haha. I didn't mind the conclusion itself, tbh, though i would have preferred > spoiler incoming for the last episode >
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Jon to have had made that decision himself to leave, the unsullied f**k off anyway, it had been a few weeks at that point so im pretty sure conversations would have been had about what dany had actually done to innocent people after they had surrendered.
No one killed jaime when he killed aerys targaryean for threatening to do exactly what dany actually DID. dunno, just felt it was a bit shit shafting him like that again lol. This way he will never be able to see his family again like, ever, and i think its a bit naff, or sam! Im sure arya, even though shes off exploring will bob back home from time to time to visit the fam.
Im glad they let drogon live though haha
Edit* AND after everything jon had done up to that point, he was cast aside over killing a queen no one in the seven kingdoms really, other than the unsullied, and yara, gave a f**k shit about anyway!! She literally trashed the joint and was definitely set to f**k more shit up as she went. Though with her speaking valerian, i dont suppose anyone else would have understood those intentions til it was too late.
This would NEVER have happened of jorah was still about 😂
Edit2* sorry haha. Jon could have been king in the f**k north and united the free men and the north and he could have still been happy. Ah man, im so annoyed 😂

Fozzie

#71 Post by Fozzie » Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 am

I think it ended well

It did what Game of Thrones always did, the unexpected :thumb:

learningtofly

#72 Post by learningtofly » Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 am

I loved the end of Jon's story - fantastic little twist there IMO. It does seem to have been set up for some kind of Stark spin-off series. Indeed, the Stark kids did okay in the end, bless them.

Kelbam

#73 Post by Kelbam » Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 am

learningtofly wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 am
I loved the end of Jon's story - fantastic little twist there IMO. It does seem to have been set up for some kind of Stark spin-off series. Indeed, the Stark kids did okay in the end, bless them.
Just read something that made me lol, that bran told jon, who in turn would tell dany, which in turn would set the wheel in motion for bran to then take the throne 😂
Just wish he wasnt made a criminal by it, thoigh, i suppose now the unsullied have gone, there's no real reason jon would have to remain a criminal in the rest of westeros' eyes, i mean, theres not really any nights watch left AND we didnt see him take the oath. Think it was kore a knee jerk reaction to the idea of him being banished never to see any of his friends of family again. I hope he does hahaha

Ive calmed down abit about it now. The starks all have a claim over the whole seven kingdoms, including the free folk, and arya is likely to rule whatever she finds west of westeros... maybe?

I am FAR to invested in this stupid show 😂

learningtofly

#74 Post by learningtofly » Mon May 20, 2019 11:39 am

Kelbam wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 am
learningtofly wrote:
Just read something that made me lol, that bran told jon, who in turn would tell dany, which in turn would set the wheel in motion for bran to then take the throne 😂
Just wish he wasnt made a criminal by it, thoigh, i suppose now the unsullied have gone, there's no real reason jon would have to remain a criminal in the rest of westeros' eyes, i mean, theres not really any nights watch left AND we didnt see him take the oath. Think it was kore a knee jerk reaction to the idea of him being banished never to see any of his friends of family again. I hope he does hahaha

Ive calmed down abit about it now. The starks all have a claim over the whole seven kingdoms, including the free folk, and arya is likely to rule whatever she finds west of westeros... maybe?

Well, the way I saw it is that Jon has already disobeyed the edict that he return to the Night’s Watch, because he’s leading the entire population of Castle Black to what will obviously be a new life, albeit it in a pretty crappy climate. I don’t see that as exile at all (at least, not the intended exile) and I think we’re to use our imagination as to what comes next. I’m sure a pardon would be somewhere down the line, too.

Edited to add: there was definitely a missing segment, from the Jon/Dany incident to the meeting of everyone to decide who should be the next king or queen. The Dothraki appear to have done a runner during that time because they were nowhere to be seen, and obviously Jon would either have confessed or been found out. Not knowing anything about these events left me feeling somewhat cheated.
Last edited by learningtofly on Mon May 20, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelbam

#75 Post by Kelbam » Mon May 20, 2019 12:04 pm

learningtofly wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:39 am
Kelbam wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 am
learningtofly wrote:

Well, the way I saw it is that Jon has already disobeyed the edict that he return to the Night’s Watch, because he’s leading the entire population of Castle Black to what will obviously be a new life, albeit it in a pretty crappy climate. I don’t see that as exile at all (at least, not the intended exile) and I think we’re to use our imagination as to what comes next. I’m sure a pardon would be somewhere down the line, too.
Now ive calmed down, i am inclined to agree hahaha. I was just like wow, what the hell when i was watching it and i was FURIOUS for jon, who always seems to get the short end of the stick hahaha

Also, just seen this as im knee deep in posts and genuinely laughed out loud
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.