F**K YEAH!!

Guest Kc9400

I know we've got the F**K it thread so I thought I'd start a F**K YEAH! Thread for when things seem to be going alright and you've lucked out or something really good has happened.

Post anything you feel is a win, anything positive that's happened.

Go for it! You know you want to!

My 3 top things for when things have gone right, yeah they are a bit old but meh :P

Landing my current job and earning a real wage :D

Getting my motorbike license!! Now that was an awesome moment, I felt ecstatic!

Getting the car manufacturer to pay £1,000 worth of repairs on a second hand car on the basis that it would then restore my faith in their company :)

Paid off my holiday this year, 6 months early!

f**k YEAH!

And yet you still had a "f**k it" moment about how much you got taxed! Life truly works in mysterious ways :wink:

yeah, should have bought a more expensive holiday!! ;)

And yet you still had a "f**k it" moment about how much you got taxed! Life truly works in mysterious ways :wink:

yeah, should have bought a more expensive holiday!! ;)

I'm sure Joeman will sympathise with this... When you pay £1400 of tax to a government you don't like, on a bonus that was dependent on how hard you worked, when bankers get it tax free, it's double your after tax earnings from 5 years ago, and it was the first real lump of money I could spend without harming my savings it's hardly mysterious :lol:

But for the context.

I've been saving for a year now, it had no goal other than for "something I choose later". I've always had a rainy day fund, but for the first time since starting off living in hovels, in hand me down clothes etc I actually was able to use it for something other than a broken bike, or fixing something in the house I was in. That to me is a major hell yeah. :)

Joeman! I can't make it bigger now, but I can make it better by decking it out with some upgrades :mrgreen:

Well to be honest I think that everyone can sympathise with the frustration of paying tax on money you worked hard to earn, to a government you don't like! But if we all posted a "f**k it" every time we paid tax, we'd need a second forum just for that thread :lol:

Then it's a good thing my "f**k it" had "f**k all" to do with normal month to month tax :lol:

Was a single event that many here feel slightly conned on. Chiefly as bankers and the like always seem to dodge paying a penny, secondly as the retainer scheme works out only for contractors. As a staff member I'd have been much better off if I just had a wage uplift for a set time.

Work in an office where you all get a bonus, but by being staff your percentage is drastically lower than theirs and not howl :lol:

I'm certainly not complaining about having more dosh, but I feel there should have been some correction for the far lower paid staffies to ensure we earned the same percentage as the contractors. Same for all of the same rank in my view!

In that case, a most justified f**k it!

Yeah, it's a weird one with a lot of explaining it, hence I just simplified with "I'm paying HOW much this month in tax... f**k!"

So it's "yeehaw, I got some extra dosh" and "FFS I did just as much work, got less and to top it off was taxed the most". :lol:

But anyway, bring the topic back around.

I do have a f**k yeah!

Found a laser cutting service that is cheap and is on board to help me build a new distribution system and switch board for my garage battery controller. It's going to go space age!

Fozzie, if you don't like the difference in pay and bonus that contractors get over permanent staff why don't you become a contractor? My understanding is that there are justifiable reasons as to why those contracting get higher rates and in some cases bonus'.

Fozzie, if you don't like the difference in pay and bonus that contractors get over permanent staff why don't you become a contractor? My understanding is that there are justifiable reasons as to why those contracting get higher rates and in some cases bonus'.

I'm a contractor. I'm hired to provide short term specialized IT skills and knowledge in the financial services industry.

If the companies hired permies to do my job, what would then do with them when the requirements went away?

Contractors although seemingly paid more, are cheaper for companies as they can be brought on board for short durations and got rid of when the requirements is no longer needed. Also companies dont need to pay holiday/sick pay/NI/Pension/maternity.

Also the resourcing costs of a contractor can be more easily written off against tax.

My current contract ends on Friday this week - looking forward to a couple of months off work to ride - F**K YEAH!!!

Basically as Joeman says, but in my industry there has been a bit of a twist.

I want to, but I'm on a great project at the moment and they can't rehire me for 6 months due to company policy. They are released when no longer needed, they don't get holiday etc, so to make up for this, they are paid 3-4 times more. So I just didnt like that on such a sweet compromise, they get even more from a retainer scheme.

Being a contractor is just a matter of time, just have to see how much I can get out of this company knowledge wise first!

I know what being a contractor means and am also aware of the advantages and disadvantages of it. Martin is a contracting project manager and it is something I am considering also.

I know what being a contractor means and am also aware of the advantages and disadvantages of it. Martin is a contracting project manager and it is something I am considering also.

Do it! depending on your industry, and so long as you are good at your game, you wont regret it.

My current f**k yeah! is finally being in a good financial position after a couple of years of shit and being left with a tidy little sum all to myself. Hopefully there will be more in a few weeks after my theory test, CBT, all the rest and then getting a bike! :D

f**k YEAH got 98% of my potential maximum bonus.

Can't mention it at work as most staff don't get one so it's a touchy subject so had to celebrate quietly.

Now just got to wait until the tax man finishes fisting me to find out how much I'm left with

• 3 weeks later...

Second time out on 600 today. First time was more of a f**k it because I expected to be on a 125 but today......well today was just a big f**k yeah!

F**K YEAH!!

After days of waiting my headsets have finally arrived along with my adhesive mounts for my GoPro.

Will get the headsets all setup and write-up a review after I've given them a good testing :)