May aswell ride a trike

Good job the panniers and frame are removable!! Going to everntually invest in some smaller givi trekker cases. I can see these getting smashed off šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

22EE32E5-A73B-46AA-BC17-96F9BC37594F.thumb.jpeg.d9ff1d1c898f454fb66d781b1d501560.jpeg

FCB3C5D7-5FF9-4854-94FE-C0B591B40C01.thumb.jpeg.c0854522c95ce644754757b40248685d.jpeg

570CE040-126C-4B6B-BC69-EE844442A743.thumb.jpeg.a02afe84bfb39161dba7c3a1f2443ef0.jpeg

Wider, much wider is perfectly normal for a GS. Corned beef cans on scaffolding. Bike like yours... If close fitting OE panniers aren't available, I would be using soft panniers, with a lockable top box for valuables.

Rucksack and a tail pack ... sorted .

Urg not for me:

1) They pull and rattle and on long ride that can be tiering.

2) If you do have an off will whats in it increase the chance of damage to back, even a tin of baked beans :o

I try and avoid rucksacks for this reason...

Rucksack and a tail pack ... sorted .

Urg not for me:

1) They pull and rattle and on long ride that can be tiering.

2) If you do have an off will whats in it increase the chance of damage to back, even a tin of baked beans :o

I try and avoid rucksacks for this reason...

Ā 

Iā€™ve just done 260 miles this morning with rucksack and tall pack... you must of had a crappy rucksack and why would I carry baked beans .

At least I can filter without ripping off car doors :lol:

Good job the panniers and frame are removable!! Going to everntually invest in some smaller givi trekker cases. I can see these getting smashed off šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ā 

I see you have the pontoons fitted, when you planning on the channel crossing :thumb:

Ā 

be prepared for a huge difference in straight line stability especially at motorway speeds or in turbulent air ie behind large vehicles .

That wind resistance of large panniers will normally give some wobbling .

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to invest in some slimmer givi trekker panniers the ones I have in the picture and bloody massive!! But they were cheap on eBay and a bit of a get me out of jail card...

[mention]dynax[/mention] euro trip next year hopefully have slimmer panniers and more long road trip experience by then. Ive been riding a bike on and off for 8 years but never toured.

I need to get a tank bag too at some point

No need for panniers or a tank bag. for a week away, staying at a hotel or B&B without a passenger.

all you need is a supply of clean underwear. a change or two of clothing for 'off the bike' and a few other bits and pieces. Shoved into a dry-bag and strapped to the back seat.

This is what Im using this year.. next year I will up the ante to panniers as I will very likely be camping. maybe.

Ā 

packing.thumb.png.6e3c008650710c3d17e6387e1db16497.png

Yeah Iā€™m camping so am strapping a dry bag across the top of the panniers which contains my sleeping bag, tent, inflatable roll mat. Then panniers for shoes clothes, and maintence stuff