What would you guys do???

Find all you need to know about learning to ride a motorbike including CBT, theory/hazard perception, tests and advanced training.
Cant find what you need? Ask away in this section!
onesea
Bike(s): Yamaha FZ6/ Triumph Trophy 1200
Challenge Score: 0
Has Liked: 154 times
Been Liked: 176 times

Re: What would you guys do???

#31 Post by onesea » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Good luck, just watch out for the addiction it will soon set in...
A survey showed profiles with a location are 80% more likely to get a response :thumb:
To add location on phone or desktop browser:
1) Click your profile name (this brings up Popup), 2) Tap User control Panel, 3) Tap the Profile Tab Scroll down to: Location
Or click this link: https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/ucp.php ... ofile_info

Daytona79
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 6 times

#32 Post by Daytona79 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:05 am

Haha it already has lol

Just finished done my cbt all past all done i dont have to go back. I have emailed off pics etc to the finance company and all being well i should be getting my baby on Friday.

My bike

http://www.davidsykes-superbikes.com/sh ... bs-16-reg/

I have being and bought a lid today too i took on board what someone said re old lids

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/produ ... MMQgjYI8gU

Jacket and boots will have to wait till payday. The lids canny it has 2 visors a drop down one and a clear one.

Daytona79
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 6 times

#33 Post by Daytona79 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:10 am

I need a bit of further advice i dont know what to do or whether its just me. I have had the bike out 3-4 times since i got it. I would of being out more but cash is tight and i am waiting for payday to buy leathers and trousers and boots.etc etc My issue is the mirrors on my Mt125 seem rubbish.

I am a bigger dude. ie 6foot plus and 95 kg plus an ex rugby player so i am very broad. Every time i have adjusted them they seem not to either stay in place, or on a ride i am having to pull over and adjust them as i cant see past me unless i ride with my arms tucked in. Gerrrrr i think some tinkering is needed here or i need to see if i can move them out.

Thats the only negative with the bike, everything bar that its fine. It does 60-65 comfortably, it handles better than what i did my cbt on (honda cb 125 thing). I dont think its gunna break any speed records or it dont like carrying a big dude but my riding confidence is still mehhhh very low its improving but i have no confidence while i have limited protective gear bar gloves and a lid.

onesea
Bike(s): Yamaha FZ6/ Triumph Trophy 1200
Challenge Score: 0
Has Liked: 154 times
Been Liked: 176 times

#34 Post by onesea » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:07 am

You can get mirror extenders to increase view, and reduce the chicken dance with elbow when you use the mirrors.

Some mirrors can be prone to moving if not tightened up enough.

A for gear if your commuting I would look at textiles not leathers. Dryer, warmer, more vents for summer more versatile.

Ebay Facebook market place and the like can be a good source of second hand gear to reduce costs...
A survey showed profiles with a location are 80% more likely to get a response :thumb:
To add location on phone or desktop browser:
1) Click your profile name (this brings up Popup), 2) Tap User control Panel, 3) Tap the Profile Tab Scroll down to: Location
Or click this link: https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/ucp.php ... ofile_info

Tango
Bike(s): Triumph Speed Triple 1050, CB750 Project bike
Challenge Score: 20
Has Liked: 1596 times
Been Liked: 1195 times

#35 Post by Tango » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:33 am

:stupid:
Check out secondhand gear on eBay.....you can get some bargains at this time of year....... 8-)

Check out bar end mirrors......yeah, they increase the width of the bike, but I find they work well for me...... 8-)
I feel the need....the need for Speed......Triple

Filtering is Fun
Bike(s): MT-07
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 2 times

#36 Post by Filtering is Fun » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Also take a look at some of the waterproof oversuits, they can be lifesavers if your gear isn't as waterproof as its supposed to be...