CBT issue .

Find all you need to know about learning to ride a motorbike including CBT, theory/hazard perception, tests and advanced training.
Cant find what you need? Ask away in this section!
Bungleaio
Bike(s): Street Triple RS
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 101 times

Re: CBT issue .

#16 Post by Bungleaio » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm

Just to put a slightly different outlook on it but if the bike was stolen from the home address then would it matter? It's not the same as an accident on the road.

Letting the CBT lapse by over a year is terrible though.
You can't beat a nice bit of faff

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): Kawasaki ER6F
Challenge Score: 30
Has Liked: 416 times
Been Liked: 676 times

#17 Post by SometimesSansEngine » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Bungleaio wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm
Just to put a slightly different outlook on it but if the bike was stolen from the home address then would it matter? It's not the same as an accident on the road.

Letting the CBT lapse by over a year is terrible though.
Well, I posted some wording from my insurance policy here, but even more crucial is probably (all emphasis mine):
Keeping your policy up to date
The terms of your policy and premium are based on the information you have given us. If any of this changes you should tell us by calling our customer service department. Below are some examples of what you should tell us. Please note these lists are not exhaustive and you should contact us if you are unsure about whether you need to inform us of a change. Any changes to your policy will be subject to your insurer’s agreement and may not be acceptable, therefore please contact us for guidance on changes you wish to make. If a change to your policy is acceptable it may result in revised terms and/or a change in the premium. Any changes to your policy will also be subjected to our administration fee, please see page 11 for details.

Please tell us immediately if:
• You or any insured riders are involved in an accident, no matter how trivial and regardless of blame; or
• You change your address or you or any insured riders change occupations; or
Your or any insured rider’s driving licence is revoked either temporarily or permanently, or the status of the driving licence has changed, e.g. if you or any insured rider has passed their driving test.
I know my car insurance has similar, I think you'd be hard pressed to find an insurer that wouldn't.

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): Kawasaki ER6F
Challenge Score: 30
Has Liked: 416 times
Been Liked: 676 times

#18 Post by SometimesSansEngine » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Of course, I just thought, the insurance was void from the start. Jordan said the CBT expired over a year ago.

I'm assuming Jordan that when you took out the insurance you stated that you had a valid CBT certificate?

I could end up being wrong, but I think you'll end up having the insurance voided and cancelled, and you'll have to declare that whenever you get an insurance quote from now on (don't lie about it, they do searches for that sort of thing once you've paid your premium)