I've done my CBT and theory, now on to my full training.

I've been commuting on my 125 2hours every day for 6 months and feeling very under powered now.

What sort of price should I expect to train up and do the test?

Have been quoted £849 for a 5 day course in Sutton.

I’m about to finish my DAS course. Two days full training, then MOD1, half days training then MOD2. Think I have paid £540ish including test fees, I did get 20% off though. Full price is was about £620 I think

Do yous think doing a local school over one out of your neighbourhood is better for knowing the roads etc? Or should that not really impact?

Everyone's different, but knowing the roads isn't always as useful as it sounds. If you're doing the majority of your training on roads you know, will you be fully prepared if your test is on unknown roads? I'd say the majority of people are more attentive and aware when on unfamiliar roads which translates to better observations which in my experience is the main thing an examiner will look for.

Having said that, it's surprising how far you can go if you're doing a full day training. Even if your schools local, chances are you'll be miles away from home come lunch time.

The most important thing is find an instructor you're comfortable with, if you don't gel on the first lesson, then look elsewhere. Personally i'm far too self conscious worrying about what other people think, especially when they see me riding (i'm still like it now), so I paid a little extra to go with an instructor that only did 1-2-1's, i'd have never even done my CBT if I had to do it part of a group. I went from never having rode in my life to full license in 4 weeks (about 6 full days training including CBT) and I attribute all of that to finding the right instructor for me.

I went with a school that was local and I've been driving the surrounding area for 20 years. Within 10 minutes of being out with the school I was on roads I'd never been on. Since passing my test I've found so many roads I never knew existed.

It did come in handy on the MOD 2 test though when the examiner said to follow the signs back to the city and I knew exactly where I needed to go.

Usually you can get a 1 hour 30minute free assessment where you come in go on their 650cc bike have a ride around the test pad, they will tell you to go around cones like in the mod 1. After seeing your skill they will then recommend how many days you will need in the course and the price.