Mod 2 easier than Mod 1, truth please?

Well done. Now the real learning starts. Take it easy to start with and ride within your own limits. Never be tempted to keep up with a more experienced rider if you don't think your ready. Take your time and enjoy the bliss of riding bigger bikes. All the best. :wink:

Well done on the pass! I'm still on a CBT so no advice to give...but I tell you that reading this post has made me feel a lot less fearful about getting a proper bike license...so thanks!

I'm certainly not a fast rider. Going to really enjoy riding without 'L's now Mailee66. The other half goes for it sometimes and I'm toddling along behind lol. Thanks For the great advice too. I'm also glad this post has helped you too Lowey. I was so scared and sceptical I'd done the right thing but now I'm so glad I stuck with it. it's so fun. Wish I'd done it years ago! So muMormore to learn though and from What I hear we'll never stop learning. Enjoy your learning experience. My instructors were brilliant. You'll miss them when you're all passed and out there like a pro :thumb:

I was odds on to fail mod 1, I had failed all of my practices. I passed first time. I was odds on to pass mod 2, I had passed my practice. I failed it first time. On the day, it is a different ball game.

That's so true Throttled. I was nervous on training but got lots better when I'd been on the bike a little while. On test it's so different. Someone watching your every move is very unnerving! Glad it's all over now to be honest. Now the fun starts. Although I'm struggling with the height on the Fazer 600. My toes touch the floor, just, so I feel a bit nervous when the road is a bit low on either side. I'm trying to convince the other half to get it lowered. Would help my confidence no end!

I'm on the Fazer 600. Touching the kerb is great. The road on the other hand is a bit of a worry. Trying to get TOH to get it lowered. Anyone else struggle too? How do you cope with it and the weight of the bike? Tips gratefully received x

IMG_1827.thumb.JPG.fb6b3faf995c952d6880b795108a899c.JPG

IMG_1831.thumb.JPG.5dab4b9716d3f54a91c7c32beaf80962.JPG

Oops. A short update. TOH had his Fazer 600 MOT'd and it's now hailing the streets with me on it! I feel a little bit short on it as I'm touching the ground with my toes and I feel quite wary when I come to a steep camber either side. I'm trying to convince him to have it lowered for me so I can feel more confident. I've sold my 125 so I'll pay but it's his 'baby' (yes, he's trusting me with his very first bike!) I did drop it too. Only picked it up Friday and after a nice long run to Brecon on Saturday, I rode it into his yard, turned the corner too slow and it went over.

. . . cont. Only a scratch on the engine and the indicator light cover needed replacing so all in all not bad. However, I felt terrible. :oops: It is his baby after all. He said give it a couple of weeks to decide but I'm already thinking it's a yes to lower it. I'll feel less nervous and that can only be a good thing right. Anyway I'm out there now so beware everyone :thumb: Thanks everyone, You're a great bunch xx

Lust racing do lowering kits......and they're reasonably easy to fit......I think you'd only notice the change in handling if you were pushing it hard on a track...... 8-)

http://www.lustracing.co.uk/suspension/yamaha-lowering-kits.html

Thanks Tango. I'll keep that in mind if TOH allows me to defile his little baby in the near future :thumb:

As for lowering, when my wife passed her test she used my vfr800 which i lowered for her and she was fine but disliked the weight on her wrists. She bought a lovely honda cbf600 and was in the same situation as you with top toes, as time went by she started saying I'll ride pillion, it wasn't long before she had practically stopped riding.

I caught on to this and found it was making her not want to ride, suggested she change her bike, she's tried super low sportster and even a dyna ( not the bikes she had envisaged) but she's happy to tour fully loaded now and would probably be comfortable on a taller bike now her skills have improved,

Good luck with however you proceed, just think on this story

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

As for lowering, when my wife passed her test she used my vfr800 which i lowered for her and she was fine but disliked the weight on her wrists. She bought a lovely honda cbf600 and was in the same situation as you with top toes, as time went by she started saying I'll ride pillion, it wasn't long before she had practically stopped riding.

I caught on to this and found it was making her not want to ride, suggested she change her bike, she's tried super low sportster and even a dyna ( not the bikes she had envisaged) but she's happy to tour fully loaded now and would probably be comfortable on a taller bike now her skills have improved,

Good luck with however you proceed, just think on this story

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to stop now after all the training and tests so I'll persevere to encourage him to lower it. Failing that, I'll wait until my car is paid for and buy my own lowered bike! Simples! I will definitely think of your story. It's not the end of the world but I will get there no matter what! :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All! A quick update. The Fazer has now been lowered and I feel a lot better on it. Much more confident. I'm never going to be doing twisties at 45 degrees (although I did say I'd never ride a big bike and I'd never filter, but...!) We're heading to the Steelhouse Festival in Ebbw Vale on 28th July on the bikes. Bit nervous because of the steep gradiant, the gravel and the panniers but it's a new challenge I suppose. Therefore, all's well and enjoying the ride!!! Thanks everyone :cheers:

• 2 years later...

Hey all. Just an update. Did Mod 2 today and PASSED! I had 6 minor faults but it's a pass and I'm so happy that I don't have to go through that part of the process again! A pass is a pass after all :) I'm waiting for my other half to get his Fazer 600 back on the road (It's currently in the garage getting it road worthy as we speak!) I have to see if I can actually reach the floor first or maybe I'll need to get it lowered but I'm still on a high. Thanks everyone for your help and tips :thumb:

xx

Well done I have passed my cbt about 6 mo th ago just thinkig about DAS

• 1 month later...

I think mod 2 was easier than 1, but I don't know if it was because I've heard more people fail mod 1 than 2, so I had it in my head it'll be difficult. I was so nervous during my mod 1 I could feel myself trembling. During mod 1 practice I didn't think I did too badly, just got very nervous on the day of the test. Mod 2 was just like riding around with your instructor so I didn't feel any different or that I was being examined.