Wish me luck with unusual request!

Just sent this to a local instructor I use, very worried it'll come across wrong but I can only hope. Feels weird but somewhat necessary to divulge personal circumstances but I hope it just offers a little personality to it. Side note, instructor trained psychiatric nurse for clarity.

Bit late really as I've sent it, guess I'm just looking for some moral support in a difficult patch, trying to make things work, just in case for once they do!

Dear ****

Returning happy customer here with a strange request which I'm almost a hundred percent positive will be denied but, as they say, nothing ventured nothing gained!

After my Re-CBT with you and *** (who was absolutely great just to note) I properly discovered my love of riding, have rode the best part of 2.5k I miles since and obviously began to save for my A2 as the Re-CBT only needed to be done to have the road time to feel more confident!

All going great, smashing, had the money good to go, was getting ready to make a booking but ended up being off sick from work, depleting my savings for my much wanted bike test, give up my horse, having to quit my job to find a part time as I've been really struggling with mental health issues, which I'm sure you've seen in more depth than I could ever know, hence the full explanation!

This isn't a "boohoo poor me", just felt the need to fully justify the circumstances of a request that is not within the ordinary scheme of things.

Anywho, I was wondering if there is the potential to pay for the A2 training in installments? Obviously would be happy to set up standing order, sign finance contracts, pay a larger deposit, pay off soon as possible and so on so forth. Not seeking charity or a freebie!

I have regular income but less disposable income p/m to accumulate, in one fell swoop, the amount needed, which will take time off my chance to take my riding up a level in time to buy myself a decent bike for my 21st, and right now bike aspirations are one of the only things keeping me going!

Yet again, sorry for the details, and personal circumstances that could possibly be interpreted as a sob story, and of course apologies for the abnormal request, desperate times eh!

Kind regards,

Meeeeeee

If you don't ask you'll never know. Worst thing that can happen is that they'll say no.

I get some odd requests all the time and if I can I will. If I have to say no there's no hard feelings, I'd rather people ask and give me the opportunity to do things if at all possible.

They would need to be licensed to offer credit ,if they are a professional bunch they should just say ,sorry can't do that.

If they did agree,I would be very wary.

Do you really know these people well enough to want to owe them money?

Assume usual sources of borrowing money;bank,family and friends are off the table?

If so afraid you will just have to be patient and save up.

Most let you pay in installments anyway, mine did. A deposit before each lesson and then the same on the day, didn't give much saving time to be fair. A week or two between each lesson/test.

when my daughter was enquiring about lessons she spoke to arrow training that are normally based at a bike show room, they said that deals can be done where you buy a bike from the dealer and all training, kit ect are thrown onto the hp, if the 1st answer is no worth asking else where, good luck im sure you,ll get sorted

It may work out for you. A potential instructor I was looking into, said he was happy for me to pay in small pieces as long as it was paid off by test day. It may work out!

As above worst case scenario they say no. a bank loan (don't get tempted by those thieving bast*rd wongaesq people) or a credit card with 3 months 0% as long as you know you can pay it off before the interest kicks in.

also have an internet hug

giphy.gif

:stupid:

I recently got a credit card with 24 months 0% interest :D

This is what I did, I couldn't afford all the gear and the CBT + DAS course. I got a 0% interest credit card. Have a look at moneysavingexpert.co.uk he lists all of the best credit cards.

Very well composed letter, fingers crossed for you.

Like a couple above have said you could look into a decent credit card/loan to help if you want to go down that route. That's what I did to get the ball rolling was save up to a point then take a small loan to double it, I got the loan at a decent rate through my work.

Thank you all for the responses! Got too nervous to check back as I felt like I looked annoying and whiney! No response but they're very popular! Have booked my theory!

Everything is tough right now and seems only to be getting tougher! All I want right now is this license! Theory booked at least