I passed my Mod 2 this Tuesday, and as is normal the Examiner took my photocard driving licence off me and gave me a paper certificate to last until the dvla sends my new photocard...

I didn't really pay much attention on the day, too excited and relieved over passing! But I've looked again and he's written 'A2' on the certificate :shock:

I'm 29, so surely that should be 'A', as in a full unrestricted licence!? Now worried they'll make me take mod 2 again :?

it may not have updated yet but if you have your licence number (I think they write it on the certificare) and your national insurance number (normally found on payslips) you can check your licence on the dvla website

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

if wrong/no info available

may be easier talking to your training school first see what they have to say :thumb:

worst case the new Ninja 650 is A2 compliant... :lol:

I'm not fully up on the "new" licence ratings but did you take the test on an"A" category bike or an A2 bike. Was the examiner aware and confirm it was for a full "A" licence. Just a thought.

On a side note when I passed my bike test the examiner wrote car on the pass slip. Fortunately I saw it at the time and he wrote out a new slip :roll:

I took the test on an unrestricted Suzuki Gladius, so definitely 'A' category. I've spoken to the training school, sent them a picture of my mod 1 cert (clearly marked 'A' category) and Mod 2 with the erroneous 'A2', hoping they can sort it out.

It's a strange one, as I was discussing bikes I might get with the examiner, none of which would have been A2 compliant, made no mention of restrictions of any kind.. oh well. Just wish I'd spotted it sooner!

I'm 29, so surely that should be 'A', as in a full unrestricted licence!? Now worried they'll make me take mod 2 again :?

Any update on this *nosey nosey nosey*

Yes, sorry! I got a message to say he (the training school boss I think) had managed to get through to my examiner and it should all be cleared up - guess I'll find out for definite when my new photocard arrives in the post! :)

Yes, sorry! I got a message to say he (the training school boss I think) had managed to get through to my examiner and it should all be cleared up - guess I'll find out for definite when my new photocard arrives in the post! :)

top stuff try and get a correct version of the certificate as well :thumb:

top stuff try and get a correct version of the certificate as well :thumb:

Ooh I hadn't considered that :?