Feeling like CBT instructor didn't move me along quick enough?

Hi all,

So just a bit of background information, I'm 19 and prior to CBT I had hardly been on a motorbike before.

Going to the CBT however, I felt as if I was at a minimum on par with the other learners there, but unknown to me the instructor didn't seem to allow me to progress on to the other aspects of the training as quick. I am not sure if this is something which normally happens and just wondering if people could give some insight as to why this may have happened.

I go for my CBT again on Tuesday, so if anyone else has any tips that would also be appreciated.

Hello and welcome. Were you on a geared bike or a twist and go?

The instructors are there to make sure everyone is up to a level deemed safe to be let out on the roads by themselves - it's nothing personal or something to be ashamed about if you did not meet that standard immediately - riding a bike is not necessarily a natural thing to pick up!

I'd say relax and enjoy it and ask the instructors questions if you are not sure why they are not progressing you to the next bit.

Good luck keep us updated :thumb:

Thanks for the advice, and it was a geared bike.

Its not that I felt the instructor was just picking on me but I guess it was more frustration seeing everyone moving on when I personally believed I was doing just as well as them

maybe there's a possibility you were just a bit eager and rushing through stuff :) stuff happens pretty quickly on a bike make sure you're doing your lifesavers and reading the conditions. :thumb:

No extra cost thankfully as I took what they would call a "Guaranteed Pass" option for a extra £20.

I'm happy to be on the bike for longer but eager to get on the road

So for 20quid you get additional training and bike time! That's not a bad thing. The more training you get the better.

Although I do question the morality of charging 20quid for a guaranteed pass for "training" that isn't a test, but that's a whole other topic. Just enjoy the extra bike time and stop moaning, and spend time planning your new bike.. :cheers:

After my first disastrous CBT with oversized gloves I booked another for the following Saturday. Whilst everybody in the morning was listening to the instructor (this is a helmet, this is a motorbike etc.) I was left to my own devices to have a couple of hours riding around the training area, U turns, figures of 8, slaloms etc. The additional bike time I spent was well worth it. Hopefully you will be able to do the same second time round rather than having to sit through the early stuff again.

No extra cost thankfully as I took what they would call a "Guaranteed Pass" option for a extra £20.

I'm happy to be on the bike for longer but eager to get on the road

Don't worry then mate, its a pain now but that extra time will be really useful. Any extra training is good :)

I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy the extra training.

It is the case though that you are probably not the person to evaluate how well you are doing. Did you ask them what they thought your failings were?

Hi guys,

Just a quick update, retook my CBT today and I was successful in completing it and now have my first bike - The CBR 125 in the White, Red and Blue colourway all insured, taxed and ready for the road.