Licence Exchange and Licence Codes

Question: If the 79(3) is not printed on the back of my licence does that mean it wont apply to me? (know it sounds like a stupid and simple question but let me explain)

I had 2 driving licences, one from here (UK) and one from Australia (I originally sat the test again when coming here rather than exchanging and surrendering my Aus license.

My Australian licence had a motorbike licence which obviously didn't apply to my UK licence as I didn't exchange them.

So, some years have passed since then and I decided to finally sacrifice my Aus licence (dont really need it anymore) and send it in to the DVLA in the hope they would exchange my Aus Bike licence for a UK bike licence.

When I got my licence back it says in category 'A' the code '70AUS', which means my bike licence has been exchanged and from Australia, and that is the only code printed on my physical licence, however when i checked my licence details with the DVLA online it says 79(3) still applies to me....

So as asked before, why would the restriction be online on my licence but not actually printed on the back of my physical licence? is this normal? and if 79(3) still applies to me why would they bother writing '70AUS' on there, because technically nothing would have changed???? so no technical exchange of licence

I can only think that the 79(3) has been removed but they haven't updated the online system? anyone with any wisdom?? is this the most likely

DVLA are famous for screwing up and losing motorbike entitlements.

Do you have any proof of your old status because people seem to find it easier to retake the tests than get DVLA to fix things.

As an aside -

79 (3) - restricted to tricycles

DVLA are crap, I'm still waiting on my new licence after passing and when I check my entitlement it says it's passed but not claimed. I rang today and as I was one day before the three week period they refused to help. It isn't going to be done tomorrow, I should have the licence in my hand right now not be waiting for it to be claimed.

beefy you tart it clearly says DO NOT CALL WITHIN THREE WEEKS WE WILL TELL YOU TO PISS OFF

I called a day after 3 weeks and they said it must have been misplaced in the post and sent another one which arrived a couple days later

They're investigating, basically they have to ring the test centre to confirm I passed the test and handed over my licence. Another 3 week wait! My online details don't show the test pass as claimed so that's why they haven't just sent me one out.