Hi, my first post so please bare with me! :)

I passed my A1 2 years and 4 months ago (125cc.) Now I want to go straight to my Direct Access. I have tried booking it online, but it says "You can’t book a test for this category. Please choose another type of test or contact the DVSA on 0300 200 1122 for further details." Any idea why i am getting this message?

Regards!

Sussex

the system still confuses me but if you're under 24 I think you have to have an a2 licence before you can upgrade to the unrestricted.... so maybe you have to do the a2 then have that for 2 years?

the system still confuses me but if you're under 24 I think you have to have an a2 licence before you can upgrade to the unrestricted.... so maybe you have to do the a2 then have that for 2 years?

Hi Hoggs. I was under 24 about 24 years ago! :) So perhaps that's not the issue?

don't look a day over 21 Sussex :wink:

maybe call your local bike training center and have a word then :scratch:

Haha cheers, and OK I'll try them, unfortunately when I tell them I have an A1 licence they usually look at me like I've just produced a live chicken from my wallet! :lol:

Thanks Tim, this has confirmed the fact I passed my theory, and Mod 1 & 2 on a 125cc....I've got to do it all over again! Who thought this one up?! :(

Your over 24 with a full a1 licence and passed theory .

Take 2 part test on a 600 or above 40kw .

Thanks Tim, this has confirmed the fact I passed my theory, and Mod 1 & 2 on a 125cc....I've got to do it all over again! Who thought this one up?! :(

According to the link above https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-routes-to-your-motorcycle-licence Because my theory test is over 2 years old, I can either, do the A2 or re-test Theory to go for my Direct Access.

Unfortunately not. Theory test is only valid for 2 years.

Because my theory test is over 2 years old, I can either, do the A2 or re-test Theory to go for my Direct Access.

I'd say retest theory and do your das then you can ride whatever and not have to worry about it again!

As Hoggs said bite the bullet and redo theory as it's a case of about £30 and 1 set of tests to pay for as opposed to paying for 2 sets of tests that will take a lot more of your time and money also it gives you the freedom of getting which ever bike you want