Forgive my infidelity, people. I have spent lots of time on another forum but gradually become disenchanted with certain attitudes, unsolicited advice and hostility. I think this will be a better place for support and advice.

I've had to repeat my CBT and my theory test because so much time has gone by. I hope I pass my test within the next two years because I will be retiring then and won't be able to afford lessons after that. My road riding is fine and I have ridden all kinds of roads in all kinds of conditions, certainly got plenty of experience now, but still struggling with the stupid slow manoeuvres.

Ah, you've read Nigel Molesworth too!

Oh yes. I have a sneaking suspicion that my prep school and the prep school in the books were one and the same...!

You hav face like tomato and spend time skipping about sa Hullo clouds hullo sky hullo sun etc

Oh yes. I have a sneaking suspicion that my prep school and the prep school in the books were one and the same...!

You hav face like tomato and spend time skipping about sa Hullo clouds hullo sky hullo sun etc

Stalker :(

All internet forums can be hostile environments in my experience, always someone passive aggressive, having a go while pretending not to, or just plain hiding behind a keyboard. Some forums are better than others, but the issue is a consequence of the medium that means you communicate with a stranger (who you may not have chosen to communicate with otherwise) using text in an environment where there are no consequences. Standing in the same group of people in a pub, people would watch their language and tone a bit more.

It's quite often the people don't want conflict that end up in conflict, because they allow things that have been written to get on their tits and they bite back.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, coming here won't change it, somebody here will someday piss you off, and if you can't cope with it just don't use internet forums. Life is too short to spend your free time doing something that is making you feel bad.

Take it easy :wink:

I don't 100% agree that sooner or later someone will say something that will annoy me. I'm on other forums where this doesn't happen and it all depends on the demographic, and at what point the admins step in to stop free speech becoming abuse. It's supposed to be fun, after all - plenty of opportunities in life for abuse and arguing with real people, never mind the ones that wouldn't dare say it to your face.

And that's all I have t say about that :D

Edited by Psychybikey

Hello again Psychy ... I never thought that I'd ever say this but, your fidelity is forgiven.

Welcome back!

EDIT: lol just noticed I missed the 'in' before the fidelity :lol:

Edited by Phooey

Fotherington-Thomas, I believe. And I haven't read it for 50 years!

welcome back :cheers:

if anyone annoys you let us know and I'll send round six to scare them into submission :lol:

Yeh ok , I'll do that ... But only if it's an OAP or a really little bloke annoying you .

Ah, you're back! I have no doubt you know who I am :wink:

Indeed I do ☺

Sounds like you two have some dodgy secrets regards your time away..

Indeed I do ☺

Drunken fumble at the Disco ?

Indeed I do ☺

What goes on in the hayloft stays in the hayloft..........