MOD2 passed but sent off licence myself, can I ride?

Hi guys passed Mod2 today

The examiner offered to send off my licence for me but I said I'll do it as I have to change the address on it too.

Am I still legally able to ride right now or do I need to wait until licence has returned?

As the examiner hasnt updated my licence and my certificate has been sent off to DVLA, I now have no proof that I've passed the test at all? Thanks!

absolutely fine to start riding straight away :mrgreen:

here's the DVLA page for reference (it's towards the bottom)

https://www.gov.uk/motorcycle-test/module-2-onroad-test

oh and congratulations :cheers:

Thank you :D

My only other concern is if I go to look at any bikes at the weekend will most places need to see a licence before I test ride? All I have right now is a photo of the certificate on my phone...

I'm not planning on going to a dealership for a brand new shiny bike, just used bike places.

Last time I took a test ride, you needed the licence itself, but that was before the online checks came in. You might want to get yourself a few check codes from DVLA in case they want to check out your points.

Also, some places won't do test rides for people with new licences, under a year or sometimes two years old :-(. Better phone ahead, I guess.

Last test ride i had, and using courtesy vehicles, bikes and cars. the dealers only require your license number and NI number then they check on line you are OK to drive the said vehicle.

• 2 months later...

When i took my test i was also moving house at the time, when i passed i asked the instructor if he could do the change of address at the same time, he said no so i had to get postal forwarding to receive my license then change address myself.

Speaking of which, i recently moved.....again, and i changed my address online, but the site says there are no changes made, but its showing my address online, just not sending out an updated license which is confusing me

Hi guys passed Mod2 today

The examiner offered to send off my licence for me but I said I'll do it as I have to change the address on it too.

Am I still legally able to ride right now or do I need to wait until licence has returned?

As the examiner hasnt updated my licence and my certificate has been sent off to DVLA, I now have no proof that I've passed the test at all? Thanks!

You can still ride, check the DVLA website it might even be showing as updated already. IF it is showing, then it's on police databases too.

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence