Mod 1 Practice?

Hi guys,

Well thats me passed my theory test and I have my Mod 1 booked for the 6th of July woop woop!

One thing though, how do you practice for Mod 1 test without cones are a yard to ride in? I have one lesson before my Mod 1 to practice my maneuvers however, I am more of a repetitive learner and find that I would feel a lot more confident in passing the test If I had the actual test set-up to practice in.

Does anyone here have any tips for the Mod 1 or do I just 'Wing it'?

Book more lessons??

:lol:

That was my initial thought too! :lol:

I'm gonna take a guess that the OP is doing this on his/her own bike and is looking for a cheap way to practice this stuff? If that's the case, and I might be way off base suggesting this, but could you not use jumpers or something for example (like playing football as a kid) and use a quiet, large car park near by to practice some of you're manoeuvres?

Book more lessons??

I could only get one lesson in before the test - it's a case of juggling work and home life as well as learning to ride unfortunately.

Book more lessons??

That was my initial thought too! :lol:

I'm gonna take a guess that the OP is doing this on his/her own bike and is looking for a cheap way to practice this stuff? If that's the case, and I might be way off base suggesting this, but could you not use jumpers or something for example (like playing football as a kid) and use a quiet, large car park near by to practice some of you're manoeuvres?

I'm practicing on my 125 but I'll be sitting the test on a Suzuki GS500, I can practice in a car park but annoyingly I'm using two different bike that handle a bit differently when performing slow manoeuvres. I suppose a carpark will suffice.

https://www.networld-sports.co.uk/multi-colour-football-marker-cones-50.html?gclid=CJuexv673dQCFYi17Qodz4wLjw

Buy something like these and find a quiet car park? U turn can be practiced with the bay lines, set some mini cones out and practice slalom and figure eights etc.

unless I'm practising in a car park late at night, it just isn't practical for me unfortunately, thanks for the link though.

I wouldn't be stopped by any authorities by riding around in a carpark would I?

I'm practicing on my 125 but I'll be sitting the test on a Suzuki GS500, I can practice in a car park but annoyingly I'm using two different bike that handle a bit differently when performing slow manoeuvres. I suppose a carpark will suffice.

Unfortunately if you want time on the 500 I don't see any other way around it other than to book more lessons.

I can practice in a car park but annoyingly I'm using two different bike that handle a bit differently when performing slow manoeuvres. I suppose a carpark will suffice.

Principals are the same though, head up and balancing the throttle and clutch. All practise helps :thumb:

You have yours the week before mine and i am so rubbish at slow riding! I have booked a crash course type hing costing me a small fortune but hopefully it will be worth it in the end, I am more worried about mod one that two as I second guess myself when I am slow riding thinking I am going to fall off. D:

I bought a 125 just to practice the u turn, it was definitely worth it, easy to say but try and stay relaxed and focus and practice practice, don't worry about the next manoeuvre just concentrate on the one your doing if you think its gone badly don't dwell on it just move on to the next one.

Mod 1 sucks, but i disagree with those that say its pointless, its all about control, you may never do another u turn in your life but there are plenty of situations where you will be doing tight turns going slowly, all its aimed at is to make sure your not a liability before they let you move on to mod 2.

Good luck

You have yours the week before mine and i am so rubbish at slow riding! I have booked a crash course type hing costing me a small fortune but hopefully it will be worth it in the end, I am more worried about mod one that two as I second guess myself when I am slow riding thinking I am going to fall off. D:

I'm the same, I feel the Mod 1 is the test where you screw one thing up and it's all over with money down the drain, where as Mod 2 is simply driving - it's easy! especially if you already drive a car you know?

but yeh, it's the small things you dwell on that bother me too, I'll let you know how the test goes.

I got Sue to practice u turns, figures of 8, slow riding(balance) etc.

on a pedal bike!

over and over again! It worked!

I am actually going to try that - thanks for mentioning that.