Not the best lesson I've ever had...

Plusses: Got onto big bike (500cc, quite big enough for me, thank you)

Did some perfect U turns

No problems with figure of 8 and slalom

Instructor said "I can see the ability is there"

Instructor did not shout at me for dropping his bike

Instructor did not tell me to go away and practice some more on my 125 before I go for more lessons

Instructor has set another date for my Mod 1

Minuses: Fell off big bike (separate from the drop)

Bent clutch lever

Landed under 400 lb of bike, smacked head, had to discard helmet as a precaution (I'd been thinking of getting rid, anyway and I have two others)

Big Tom & Jerry bruises

Currently can't lift arm above shoulder and have cancelled tonight's exercise class

Have had to postpone Mod 1 because there was only time for one more lesson before the original date

Feel like a total idiot and am so furious and angry with myself

Motorbikes have this inherent flaw called two wheels and gravity makes them fall over from time to time, especially when they think

"he, he, new rider, no experience, I can throw this one off :twisted: "

they are a bit like horses that way, don't worry about it and get back on.

Motorbikes have this inherent flaw called two wheels and gravity makes them fall over from time to time, especially when they think

"he, he, new rider, no experience, I can throw this one off :twisted: "

they are a bit like horses that way, don't worry about it and get back on.

I've fallen off my fair share of horses, too. At least the bike doesn't gallop away over the horizon.

Funnily enough i did m mod 1 training on the big bike today and dropped it 3 times doing the same damn thing. Only damage was one snapped brake lever.

I had a feeling it would happen during this weekend anyway but it still makes you think about it lol

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Funnily enough i did m mod 1 training on the big bike today and dropped it 3 times doing the same damn thing. Only damage was one snapped brake lever.

I had a feeling it would happen during this weekend anyway but it still makes you think about it lol

Don't worry about it.

I snapped my brake lever other week :lol:

Wasn't even Sat on the bloody thing.....

Welcome to the world of biking

Don't worry about it.

I snapped my brake lever other week :lol:

Wasn't even Sat on the bloody thing.....

Welcome to the world of biking

Cheers mate. Yeah I knew something like that would happen to me eventually at least when I've only spent 8/9 hours total on a bike I've got some excuses :lol: we live and learn, it hasn't put me off I just need to focus on correcting the mistakes!