License advice

Hiya guys

Loving my little 125 however im feeling the lack of power on the duel carriageways what would be the best option for me to advance, Das seems the obvious choice but im honestly not after something powerful just something that hits 70/80mph i would be happy (right?) could doing the smaller license let me have a bike capable of that? from what im able to gather i could do a smaller license on my own bike but would let me ride 125's with a bit more ommph?

The only thing putting me off the Das is expense as i read your looking at £400 quid ish each try? thats a lot of money to f**k up lol if i go for the smaller license on my own bike its a lot cheaper i read?

Its not something i will be doing for a good while yet i need a lot more experience on the road but Would be nice to know my options and start making plans

Cheers guys!

you can't get a 125 with more oomph

if you do any test it will likely cost you the same so if you are older than 24 you may as well do your DAS then be unrestricted :)

yeah im 33 so age not a prob

as for 125's i thought there was a slightly higher powerband to them my bad :).

So its gonna be a big fork out to get a bit more power. Can deal with that will just need to start saving , as i say not going to go for it for a good while yet im very green atm lol

Thanks for the info Stu

lol that worries me XD if you saw me hugging my petrol tank willing the little thing to hit 70 and the manical laughter that followed as the needle tipped it... :lol: must look hilarious to people cruising past me at 75 in cars lol :P *disclaimer i dont ride like an idiot.... most of the time*

the DAS is expensive. but once you do it that's it ride whatever you want no restrictions and six months down the road when you think.... I want a silly supersports bike you can get one :mrgreen:

DAS isn't £400 a try, it's about £700-£800 all in if you pass first time. Then depending on the school and which test you may fail, a retest is around £100-£120 all in. If you don't do further training.