a1, worth doing?

Ok so im thinking of going for the a1 license im 33 and yes i can do Das but thats a hell of a lot of money lol

The way im thinking atm is im going to be paying £100 In two years for cbt in the event i dont get the money togther for das (a possabilty) or i could just pay that £100 soon and not have to worry about passing anything till im ready for the big time(skill and money wise) + i can take a passenger a big selling point for me, would really like to be able to take the wife about on rides out.

What ya reckon guys, worth it? or just stick with the cbt and l plates for another year or so then just go for DAS, which i will be going for when its affordable, paying off ruby now and holidays etc so not atm :)

all this is on the assumption i can use ruby on the a1 tests.

Cheers.

as far as I'm aware the actual tests on the a1 are the exact same as the DAS just on a smaller bike. so I don't think it's worth it...just to straight for the DAS when you can afford it otherwise you'll end up doing the tests twice. And once is enough :lol:

as far as I'm aware the actual tests on the a1 are the exact same as the DAS just on a smaller bike. so I don't think it's worth it...just to straight for the DAS when you can afford it otherwise you'll end up doing the tests twice. And once is enough :lol:

They that bad Hoggs? lol if i go for DAS before my cbt is up makes sense defo to just go right for DAS. my train of thought was im going to pay 100 ish for cbt if i dont get DAS before mines up which might happen, so just spend that £100 on the a1 and i can take a passenger in mean time while i save for the DAS and not worry about getting it funded before my CBT runs out.

see what ya saying though why do the test twice if you dont need to for sure. :)

Your tests will cost the same and are the exact same tests whatever bike you d them on. The reason the DAS is usually so expensive is because you have no choice but to take lessons with the school and use their big bikes. With A1 you can obviously just use whatever 125 you already own.

You ultimately do what suits you best. The school I went with offered to kinda pay in installments so I could spread the cost a little easier, maybe thats something you could arrange?

It also kind of depends on what experience you have and how well you learn/ride/adapt to using the big bike.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Your tests will cost the same and are the exact same tests whatever bike you d them on. The reason the DAS is usually so expensive is because you have no choice but to take lessons with the school and use their big bikes. With A1 you can obviously just use whatever 125 you already own.

You ultimately do what suits you best. The school I went with offered to kinda pay in installments so I could spread the cost a little easier, maybe thats something you could arrange?

It also kind of depends on what experience you have and how well you learn/ride/adapt to using the big bike.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

A friend of mine is moving back up north and bringing his Honda shadow 750 up with him, maybe i can convince him to let me have a little spin on it :lol: see how i feel on something a bit bigger (private land obv not public roads)

i'll have to have a chat with the school, tbf i could just bang it on my credit card and pay it off that way though i dont know what size bike im gonna be happy with, i dont think i will feel comfortable on something really big im not a speed junkie

That said last month doing 60 felt fast and had me over alert and hyper vigilante, now im finding it very underwhelming and wanting to move on

A friend of mine is moving back up north and bringing his Honda shadow 750 up with him, maybe i can convince him to let me have a little spin on it :lol: see how i feel on something a bit bigger (private land obv not public roads)

i'll have to have a chat with the school, tbf i could just bang it on my credit card and pay it off that way though i dont know what size bike im gonna be happy with, i dont think i will feel comfortable on something really big im not a speed junkie

That said last month doing 60 felt fast and had me over alert and hyper vigilante, now im finding it very underwhelming and wanting to move on

Yeah its all dependant on you and your confidence mate. I did my DAS and passed both Mods first time. But when it came to buying my own bike, I realised that I'd passed the test and everything with something that I didn't feel I was truly ready for. Part of me thinks it was blind luck of stringing it all together at the right time that got me passed. So I went with a Ninja 250 for my first bike. I'll hang on to that for a while and see how we fair. I plan on all weather/season riding so i'll give it time and settle into it....that said I have already had it up to a ton but it was a quiet and straight empty stretch of tarmac :lol: