Argh...failed mod 2 in the last minute

So the area around the test centre is a 20 zone. I know this, the instructor told me, there are sings everywhere...but I didn't feel like I was going that fast so didn't look at the speedo. Then a very irritated instructors voice came through the headset "slow down, it's a 20. You've just past 6 signs!"

Looked at the speed...I was doing 26!

Turned into the test centre, parked up and then had the debrief.

Frustrated doesn't even cover how I feel right now. I only had 2 other minor faults. I've rebooked for two weeks time but I really wanted to pass today!

That's a bloody pain. Amazing how the brain can defeat itself sometimes, but next time you'll sail through no problems. You know what to expect and what not to do. What test centre was it, not Enfield by any chance?

Yep...it was Enfield. Fingers crossed for round 2!

had a feeling it was. that's where I did my test with 1 stop. I remember coming out of the test centre and heading on to a road that I was sure was 40 but I must have missed the sign and couldn't see any repeaters. I crept up in speed to 40 keeping an eye on the examiner to see if he kept up or held back and got away with it.

good luck with it anyway.