Mod 2 fail any opinion

Failed my MOD2 this morning am really fuming about why.

On the 3rd normal stop pull away, as i started moving a car came out of a parking bay on the opposite side of the road in my blind spot at exactly the same time as i moved. I stopped and so i failed, if ihad continued i'd have 1 rider error and passed.

My big annoyance is this was the 3rd normal stop pull away from the side of the road, i then did a hill start and 2 angled starts the examiner said apart from the one icident it was a clean ride.

Why did i have to do 6 normal stop pull aways....surely 1 normal, 1 angled and 1 hillstart is the requirement if they were all clean...... Really peeeved at this as i feel i was beng setup to fail....

Unfortunately, no matter how badly you feel about it, the decision has been made......so I'd just take it on the chin and rebook. The good thing is that you know your riding is up to the required standard, so you should breeze it next time...... :wink:

IF you're both setting off at the same time then you had plenty of time to get well out of the way if he's a few bays behind you :thumb:.

They can test you as many times as they like on a certain area, if he did it 6 times it suggests that it's an area he was taking a close look at. Maybe on the first few you made a couple of mistakes and he wanted to make sure you were safe.

Examiner was clear that apart from the incident witht he disabled driver driving at me as follows clean ride no faults....

No he apparently charged away i only saw him as he almost forced me off the road, he was perhaps 2 metres back from me in a parking bay on the opposite side of the road, when i did the checks and the big look back he hadnt moved, only as i moved did he accelerate to try and get past me, i had a moment and stopped and that was that.....The examiner was stoic, he apparently didnt have a duty of care to protect my safety and say something.....Fail it is then....never mind.....

This was stop and pull away no3 within 500 yards on 2 adjacent roads......i dont make rules but i do question whether this was right.....

Don't be too paranoid about it, these things happen you cant change it now, just look on it as more practice, I had 3 stop starts on the same section of road within 4mins of the test starting and all within half a mile, i got a further 2 after that later on, not including hill start, had no faults and he said there was nothing to discuss, so presumably he just liked stopping a lot.

It may be that he assessed the situation and had expected the driver to pull away, unless you were in imminent danger he wouldn't have gotten involved, I'm sure he is very experienced either way just take from it the fact that you had no other issues and finger crossed next test you will be fine.

Chin up and get it done again. :thumb:

I'm out of touch with the new motorcycle test thing. It all seems so difficult these days and no doubt for the right reasons. The advice I got years ago was "try and lose the bugger following" :lol:

Well it was 30 odd years ago :shock:

Unfortunately, no matter how badly you feel about it, the decision has been made......so I'd just take it on the chin and rebook. The good thing is that you know your riding is up to the required standard, so you should breeze it next time...... :wink:

I said this to the wife when she failed her driving test. She made one major, which was so bloody stupid that you know 100% it was because she was bricking it with nerves beforehand, but other than that it was a good clean drive. I told her the same thing, we know you can drive cleanly and safely and pass the test, you just need to take your time and try to keep calm.

OP it sucks the big one but unfortunately by this time there's nothing you can do about it. Just make sure you take all the time you want in the next attempt and pass it :)