failed mod 1

took my mod 1 this morning and failed.

no minors but one fail. cos I didn't stop with both my wheels between the blue cones.

I had my front wheel in them but not both. the guy who tested me was a right bast*rd a face like a Zulus hut, and miserable as hell. I went through the speed trap at 52 hit the swerve at 58 all good then didn't stop with both wheels between the 4 blue cones only my front. to me this is bollox the only thing he says I done wrong , FAIL!!!. I think I got a bit confused with all the blue cone red cone stop before blue cone stop between blue cone go in-between red and blue cone ect, but I stopped without over shooting the cone I stopped a wheels length to short!! and that was doing 58!! coming out a swerve. my instructor couldn't believe I failed . another instructor from a different school commented to mine that he was watching me and thought I was riding perfect!!. to say im gutted is an understatement.

I wont be doing it again !!. if I was like an idiot clipping cones and putting my feet down ect I could accept it as my fault and ide do it again but to get failed for that is ridiculous! I just put my bike on e bay for sale and im selling all my new gear I bought.

im 53 I done many tests , like lorry, heavy plant, jcb, car test etc, and I've never experienced a test like this one! its not sour grapes fellas I believe I did nothing wrong and should have passed with a clean sheet. what a complete waste of money!!!!!.

adios fellas.

Kinda seems more a waste of money quitting now rather than carrying on :scratch:

Not if someone can benefit from some cheap kit.

It is rather defeatist. If you want to get out on a bike you have to jump through some government officiated hoops. You might not like them or agree with them but such is life. Pay your money give it another go and pass it. In a short while it will all be behind you.

I failed mod 1 and just got on with it. Wasn't happy but hey ho.

...I know im going get some stick for writing this ...how can putting a foot down in a u turn be dangerous??. your not putting any other road use in danger or yourself!! ... why?, ive been driving 39 yrs... .

...I think its really harsh ...why only give you one stab at it?. ...hey wot the f**k happened then... ...if you balls it up on the second attempt then obviously you should be binned. these testers must understand a lot of guys are bricking it during these tests and must take that into consideration

...I know a bike shop will rip me off

...the guy who tested me was a right bast*rd a face like a Zulus hut, and miserable as hell....this is bollox the only thing he says I done wrong , FAIL!!!. I think I got a bit confused...to say im gutted is an understatement.

I wont be doing it again !!.... to get failed for that is ridiculous! I just put my bike on e bay for sale and im selling all my new gear I bought.

... what a complete waste of money!!!!!.

adios fellas.

...I am dreading the hazard perception test I have tried it online failed 3 times and just scraped in on my 4th attempt. its ridiculous the test is not fit for purpose .

...its a crock of shit it really is.... its madness.... ... yet I am penalised for seeing them to soon!!!!!!!!!!! . this so called test is unfit for purpose...YOU FAIL?????? why???? ... its bull shit!! ... why fail you????...

this so called test is un fit for purpose ...

That part where your instructor and another instructor you have never met, both try to placate you by expressing their surprise:

...my instructor couldn't believe I failed . another instructor from a different school commented to mine that he was watching me and thought I was riding perfect!!.

- that's when they were actually trying not to ramp your temper up any further than they could see it was already.

It happened again here:

Kinda seems more a waste of money quitting now rather than carrying on :scratch:

Take the bike advert down from ebay.

Go to your local library.

Borrow:

Strategies for Anger Management.

Teach yourself Mindfulness.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. - this one's not really about motorcycles :)

Read them (calmly) with as many cups of decaffeinated tea as you fancy.

Re-book the test.

:thumb:

I have done a bit of reading up and watched several videos on the MOD 1 and 2 tests, baring in mind I passed my full test in 2006, and things were very different then. Some might say that the test was far, far easier back then. And I would agree.

It was hard enough back then, but now it seems utterly stupid. Yes, you do get some experience from it, and you hone some skills for handling the vehicle. But, you get zero tolerance for seemingly very minor mistakes - if they can be called 'mistakes'.

This makes me wonder if the test passes are dependant on "targets", or keeping pass / fail figures within a zone. Or are they trying to cull the biker population for the future? I don't get it.

If your riding was as good as you say it was, then why are you giving up? You're not old, you're plenty experienced on the road as you are, and you've got many, many years of future fun on 2 wheels ahead of you.

It seems like a waste of money, but you won't regret it when you have that pass certificate in your hand, and you're planning what bike to buy.

Think of it as an early Christmas present. If you pass then you can buy yourself a bike that will make you grin like a nutter, every inch of the mile.

I am 32, I nearly gave up after 2 fails, nearly ran out of money. And here I am, refusing to drive a car because I hate being in a cage. No matter what the weather - I'm going out on 2 wheels.

Don't give up. Don't let these small minded people win.

My neighbour had a similar thing with car tests. Three years and eight tests. All failed because of stupid things. Came close to quitting numerous times. Two years after passing it was all worth it.

Give it another go mate

Don't give up. Don't let these small minded people win.

My neighbour had a similar thing with car tests. Three years and eight tests. All failed because of stupid things. Came close to quitting numerous times. Two years after passing it was all worth it.

Give it another go mate

How did you get the 2 speeds, as there is only 1 speed trap at the cones before the swerve, no speed trap at the swerve itself and you shouldn't be looking at your speedo when doing the swerve.

Only the front wheel needs to be within the 4 blue cone box area, which makes me think it was actually a different reason for failing or you didn't understand why you failed.

Your attitude towards tests and the examiners doesn't appear to be a good one.

Motorcycling is hard and the tests are not easy, if you really wanted to do this then you would try again. I wonder if selling your things already was a bit premature and after giving it some time and thought you might change your mind about quitting?

Give it some more practice.

I got this from another website:

The Bend, Swerve and Stopping between the cones - Entry into the bend is not nearly as important as the exit. In fact you can make it quite difficult by going too fast into the bend. Approach the bend in second gear at about 15 mph. Keep the motorcycle in the same gear and look through the bend. For a 125cc motorcycle as you begin to leave the bend start to accelerate hard. Resist the temptation to change gear - just leave it in 2nd gear. It sounds utterly hideous, however, if you leave the motorcycle in second gear you will go through the timing gear at about 32 - 33mph (52 - 54kph) which is ideal. For a 500cc motorcycle it is again best to leave it in 2nd gear through the bend, start to accelerate on the exit and then hook 3rd gear at the final two red guide cones. Keep accelerating reasonably hard. Problems lie in both accelerating far too hard and then being freaked out by the swerve and slowing down, or being a little too slow because you hooked 3rd gear too early. Remember that the swerve is really not that severe - we have been through at 80kph on a Harley Davidson; not a bike known for its fast changes of direction! You will be allowed two goes so do not panic; during practise we found most people got it fairly easily on the second go - again 48 7 49kph are ok. As for the swerve, again look where you want to go. Most of the swerving is actually done after you have cleared the blue avoidance cone. Once you have cleared the timing gear throttle off, clear the blue cone, swerve and only then apply the brakes when you are in a straight line. This can mean the two cones where you need to stop can come up a bit quick; however, progressive use of both brakes makes this fairly straight forward. In practise we have not found many students have issues with this manoeuvre. The object of this exercise is to separate the steering from braking - you can't do both at the same time or it will end in tears.

http://lightningpass.com/how-fail-your-test-1