Passed mod 2!

2nd attempt but whatever I got there in the end. I was planning on waiting for my first years no claims in February before getting a bigger bike, but already had the step dad on the phone telling me we are going bike shopping haha

even though I failed it first time mod 2 was definitely the easier of the exercises. I think it helped having a really nice examiner as well though. It just felt like a nice easy ride out. I got told off, off my instructor for speeding on the way down to the test centre so I was concentrating on that most of all lol

Picked up a few minors (five in total) for following too closely to traffic in front and also exiting a couple of mini roundabouts on the right, thought I'd messed up right at the end though. I went through some traffic lights and left the examiner behind. He said it was all good though

Overall, I really enjoyed the whole learning process, I absolutely hated my driving lessons but you can tell it's their passion when they are training you. I especially loved the last lesson we did before going for mod1, where Robin laid out a load of cones which we had to kick over scoop up and drop them in our own bay and see who had the most at the end

Kinda sad it's all 'over' now though so I absolutely plan on doing some advanced lessons once I've got a bigger bike, but I think i will wait til after Christmas as I am now broke lol.

There's not a lot more satisfying than taking your L plates off though

Edited by Kelbam

top stuff [mention]Kelbam[/mention] :cheers:

Keep an eye on your following distances though, you take longer to stop upright than cars. Vans and other high vehicles require a bigger gap as you can't see what's in front they may be stopping for. :thumb:

Welcome to the "second attempt" club :lol:

Nice feeling knowing that the stressful part is over.

Haha absolutely, I was panicking thinking if I don't pass this time my mod 1 will run out before I know it and have to do it again. The morning of mod2 whilst waiting for my instructor to come collect me I was riding round their car park doing all the mod 1 exercises to make sure I could still do it haha. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that ever again lol

Got my weekend back off work in the next few weeks and looking forward to seeing what's out there!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just concerned about the size of the thing and manoeuvring it in my back garden and down the ginnel, i will, however worry about this at the time lol

They rang me today to say it was ready and I'm like omg I can't come til next Sunday I am gutted D:

Extra £103 to insure it for the rest of the year (til Feb) and thankfully they waived the admin fee because I bloody paid last week once already to tell them I'd got my full licence 🙄

Ah I suppose I need to tax it as well. Been a very expensive month. Bike cost more than my car <_< (car passed its MOT somehow so I totally deserved a motorbike shaped treat)

Car drivers always think bikes are the cheaper option..........Nope...well not counting scooters

You will be ok with the size

as you know weight disappears when moving to a certain extent

a few weeks and you will be looking at other bikes............thats what Bikers do..........I have had my next bike planned all year :oops:

There were so many bikes I wanted to take home but sadly my budget was just like lolno

I knew when I saw this bike online though I was going to have it, went to loads of different places sat on loads of bikes (in a stupid short polka dot dress which I well didn't think through) finally got to see the one I'd been looking at and I stood there and guarded it while my step dad went to get a man to tell him I wanted to sit on it. Someone looked at it and I was like woah dude you're not having it #crazy

Problem is now I just need to be rich so I can have a different bike for each day of the week 😩

• 2 weeks later...