Full House

Hi All,

I'm new here and have a slightly strange question.

I recently competed all the main license categories (LGV, PCV etc...) and a DAS course so now I have Cat A too. I did all of these partly for work purposes but also partly (if no mainly) for bragging rights at the pub :-P

Now, call it OCD if you like but it's is really annoying me that despite having category A, my license still shows a dash next to category A1 and category A2, because I did DAS. So my question is, is there a way I can get the DVSA to give me Cat A1 and A2 so it shows on my license (and I know this would be a weird thing to request) or...... is it possible to do the A1 and A2 riding tests when you already have Cat A entitlement? Although obviously that would be a very awkward thing to explain on the test day haha.

I know there's worse problems to have, but just thought I'd ask the question!

Cheers for any help,

Jit.

No, those are restricted license types. So having them alongside a full and valid A licence would cause more confusion than your OCD is worth. There is a big chance that if you managed to sit one of them without an instructor noticing, then you would cancel out your A licence.