Mod 1 cancelled...excessive grit on test area!

After spending 3 Days on my DAS I was feeling pretty confident at nailing Mod 1 this morning. Get to my instructor this morning, few figure 8's, u-turns etc. and about to set off when he gets a call from the test centre. The contractors overnight gritted the Mod 1 test area and spread that much of it over the place it was unsafe to do any of the high speed manoeuvres. Being Britain and all nobody can just sweep it off the area (Health & Safety :roll: :roll: ), they have to wait for the contractor to come back this evening to sort it. Everybody's Mod 1 cancelled today! Earliest date I can do Mod 1 is 5th January because of work commitments. bast*rds! :(

Thats Just Wrong

So you Hyped yourself up for a test.........your psychologically ready to take that test......... and they postpone it for what will probably seem like an age for you..............and they couldn't just take you somewhere else to do it?

It's very frustrating but sadly these things happen I had a mod 2 cancelled as the examiner didn't turn up, I had to wait 3 weeks for another go.

Just treat it as extra practice, I'm sure you'll smash it in January.

The H&S rules are ridiculous at these places, someone had their test cancelled around the time I was doing mine because the examiner had a headlight bulb out. They wouldn't allow the instructor(who was also a trained mechanic) to fit the bulb, which they had to hand, they had to call someone to take the bike and changed it. That persons test was cancelled and they had to get a hire car for the rest of the day :shock: .

It could have been sorted in 10 minutes at no expense.

That's annoying and I assume will cost you more money in bike hire.

On a slightly different note, my instructor took me to the test centre to practise for MOD 1. Despite the heavy rain we were able to get some solid practise in, but I noticed what looked like a human excrement at the side of the compound. I have no idea how or why it would be there. Imagine hitting that on your emergency stop!

That's annoying and I assume will cost you more money in bike hire.

On a slightly different note, my instructor took me to the test centre to practise for MOD 1. Despite the heavy rain we were able to get some solid practise in, but I noticed what looked like a human excrement at the side of the compound. I have no idea how or why it would be there. Imagine hitting that on your emergency stop!

Nervous candidate?

• 3 weeks later...

I started my bike journey in September, still not there yet! mod 1 failed first time. Rebooked for 10 days later. Day before, cancelled due to moss on the surface! they closed for a week, massive backlog, took 4 weeks for retest.

Ready then for mod2...cancelled a few days before because they were going on strike! Earliest new date...29th December. Going to be a cold one. Made even worse because I've paid a deposit on a tracer 700 with heated grips and seats - I'm tempted to ask if I can use it for mod 2.

• 1 month later...

Just to update this post. On 5th January I had my Mod 1 & Mod 2 test.....and passed! 0 minors on Mod 1, and 2 minors on Mod 2. Thanks to all who have been following my haphazard journey from CBT to A license.

I loved my Mt-125, but when I took the L plates off the affair was over. Now riding a NC700 (don't laugh!) and loving not having to wring the throttle in order to get anywhere!