What I need for the A2 licence

Pretty much the title,

Like the DVLA website is pretty useless and if some of you guys have passed recent maybe you could explain it better.

Im 19 and got a full uk drivers license and wanna get "direct" to an A2 licence, like I know I gotta do my CBT and theory test, but the practical tests must be done on a A2 class bike. Can I insure an A2 with L plates on it? on a provisional license Or if I can't whats the easiest/cheepest way of getting my A2, I've looked at some motorbike schools but they cost so much its pretty much impossible for me, as I could afford a bike and gear onto of the cost.

Cheers

think your options are limited but someone else will probably know, topic has been covered before. iirc in all likelihood you will need to go to a school. issues with insurance as you mention, plus getting a bike to the test centre as you can't legally ride it there, you can't practice on an a2 bike with out an instructor so would have to practice on a 125.

So the rule is:

This test must be taken on a minimum of a 395cc motorcycle with a power output of between 25 kW (33bhp) and 35 kW (47bhp).

But you can't ride (or insure) this kind of bike with just a CBT (which allows you to ride only a 125cc with 'L' plates), so you will need to take your test through a school. Nothing to stop you doing your learning yourself on a 125 if you want, but if you can afford, I'd recommend taking lessons with the school too; a decent school will teach you well right from the start, and you will need some time get used to the weight and power of the bigger bike.

There's some logic to it. Worth saving for, took me a while, just keep your eyes on the end goal. When you get there any money you spend will be long forgotten when you're riding down a nice road, with some good friends, sun on you and breeze blowing past.