Done my signature wrong on my application for my provisionals

According to my parents my signature isn't really acceptable. I understand because it's kinda my first name with a few scribbles through it and you can easily see my first name. I then just write my second name ;/

Does anyone know how to send it back to possibly get a new one?

Edit: Never mind, I called up and have it all sorted now!

Edited by SliceAndDice

your signature can be anything... there is zero need for it to resemble your actual name. what is important is that you can repeat it.

Most people have signatures that are totally illegible, this is why most official forms and so on ask for a signature AND your full name in block capitals.

So, Slice, what did they say when you called them up? Did they say could just put another form in?

Whatever you do about your signature, remember how it looks. Like Gerontious said, the only real requirement is that you can reproduce it.

my signature has evolved into a squiggle :lol: as above it's supposed to be something you can replicate easily but not something I could copy really easily. Hoggmother just prints her name which is why it's much easier to forge than Hoggfathers :lol:

Mine is totally illegible. No semblance of any actual letters in there at all. But it's quick to do so when having to do lots of signatures (like every page of a document) it's really good.

It is purely a persons mark of acknowledgement they agree to information written on paper. X was widely accepted when many could not write.

I have been told by a police officer who was involved in fraud and forgery cases that my signature is very good, like a strong password.

I incorporate initials, so a copier would need to know my full name if challenged. The letters can be made out, so the signature is easily identified to me. It is written in my scruffy handwriting and involves lots of loops, direction changes and idiosyncrasies that are hard to replicate without a lot of practice.