Enhanced Rider Scheme

We often get questions on here about further training after passing the bike test......and the usual advice is Bikesafe, advanced rider training, etc.......but I wasn't aware that there's a scheme on the .Gov site called Enhanced Rider Scheme. .........https://www.gov.uk/enhanced-rider-scheme/how-the-scheme-works

So, here's another option to add to the mix...... 8-)

I completed the Enhanced Rider Scheme with Shires in Leicester last year a few weeks after passing my mod 2.

Definitely worth while (although it may depend on the training school providing the training?) and Leicester council support it so it was subsidised cost.

Cost me £60 for 6 hours training (£160 unsubsidised I believe).

It's a great introduction into more "advanced" riding techniques/skills.

I have also done this with KJ's School Of Motoring, I think it was £30 each if two people did it. It was a good day out, made me reconsider some of my riding and how lazy I had become particularly with regard to lane choice and sitting in traffic. It rained very hard in the second half of the day though, being pushed to offside while hardly being able to see was not fun but that is not the fault of the training.

Overall quite good, and quite laid back though I was disappointed to find the only advanced riding course recognised by the DSA had exactly zero effect on my insurance premium..