CBT, Theory, Mod1, Mod 2 A license!

Hey guys looking for some advice as I am little confused!

I was originally going to go for my A2 license but decided to go all out and just got for my A license! I’m hiring a bike for my CBT etc (not buying one until I’ve passed all) but how does it work going from CBT to going for your A license? I am over 24 and might be being a little thick but I’m completely confused as I know you can only drive a 125 once you pass your CBT.

Any help really appreciated!

Just book your das with a good school, they'll provide a suitable bike (sv650, mt07 or similar), all insured, maintained and ready to go. You can sometimes do your cbt as part of the course as well. No need to hire any bikes even for cbt, school will provide them.

Thanks for the reply!

And I’m hiring one to do my CBT and lessons from the place I’m going to (they call it hire because it costs a little extra) but after passing CBT, theory, do you go on to learn on a A suitable bike to get your A license? Sorry if that doesn’t make sense!

Thanks for the reply!

And I’m hiring one to do my CBT and lessons from the place I’m going to (they call it hire because it costs a little extra) but after passing CBT, theory, do you go on to learn on a A suitable bike to get your A license? Sorry if that doesn’t make sense!

Yep you learn on an A suitable bike. Tests have to be passed on a bike of a minimum power (can't remember how much 46kw?). Usually a 600/650 like I say mt07 is a common bike. I did mine on an sv650 as an example. One instructor to two pupils. You can't ride an A bike without an accompanying instructor. Some people do lessons, I like others did mine over three days. Mod 1 is manouveurs on an off road area. Mod 2 is the on road part of the test.

[mention]goat[/mention]

That’s super helpful! I got pretty confused but just had a good look online too, just to make sure what I was thinking was right. Thank you for the info!

And definitely taking the advice, just going to take my time and not worry about everything else other than CBT and theory! I’m such an impatient ass sometimes.

Don't blame you for being impatient. I still remember the cbt was great fun, then the first time I saw the sv650 for my first lesson. Thought the bike looked massive and I was terrified. Couldnt stop grinning after the lesson though, was brilliant.