Modify whilst on a CBT?

Guest aaronwebb93

Hi all new on here!

I understand the bhp limit for a 125cc in 15bhp so the bike I'm getting is at 11.5 bhp. So would I be able to modify it upto or just under the limit for that little bit more punch and be a little bit more economical whilst holding a cbt? Obviously I'll have to declare if I can 👌

If you have any recommendations for parts etc let me know! Cheers 👌

Welcome! Check with your insurer - they have different rules re modding. Then specify which bike you have for power gains. Though I don't think you often get more punch AND better fuel economy. You could change the sprockets for more acceleration (but less top end), better breaks will allow you to stop better so make you faster.

I would go with above, change of gearing has plausible deniability, as long as its not new, 3bhp more will probably turn into 8 because it will more likely need piston kit to increase capacity, if you do get just a couple in 3 days the kick will have worn off, don't go chasing bhp, get your licence and get a bigger bike.

It's pointless trying to tune a four stroke 125. Two strokes are another matter. Any noticeable gains will cost a fair bit of cash and in all likelihood won't make it better to ride. Big bore kits make the biggest difference but bear in mind that a CBT limits you to 125cc specifically, as well as the power limit.

The cheapest way to improve the performance of most 125cc's is simply for the rider to lose weight. The lighter the rider the more rapid the acceleration!