Advanced training

Morning all,

So I picked up Triumph Tiger 800 at the weekend, my 1st bike in 9 years!

I’m thinking of doing an advanced course and am on the bike safe waiting list as nothing is available until October.

An anyone recommended a training instructor/ school in the south west area? I’m Swi don based although willing to travel.

Cheers

Great bike, but then I'm biased. Definitely do some advanced training, a local riding school should be able to help there. Use Google to find a list of local ones to you. Check what sort of train they do as many seem to just do the basics. The other option is an IAM or ROSPA course if there is group near you. Be prepared to drop the bike a couple of times. Triumph in Manchester now keep spare indicators for me. :D But the only time I have dropped mine was when stationery and I lost my balance, so very little damage done. Enjoy.

IAM and RoSPA both do advanced rider courses. They're both voluntary organisations, and the upshot is that the cost is kept very low. The last time I did anything with RoSPA the deal was a tenner for each session to the guy who was following and observing you to cover petrol costs - that was a couple of years ago.

Both run themselves through local groups - typically county by county - rather than having a single nation-wide administration. So the thing to do would be to find out your local group and get in touch.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the information, much appreciated. I did find IAM however didn’t find the local groups. I’ll make contact to confirm next steps and keep my fingers crossed I don’t drop it !

Thanks again