:D

Hi guys. A long time since I've posted. But finally after 3 attempts at Mod 1 and 6 goes at Mod 2 I have finally passed Mod 2, only on my 125, and a long way to go before I can ride my beautiful Suzuki TU 250X.

I need to find an instructor with a low enough 500cc for me to get my feet within touching distance of the ground, and whose centre of gravity is low enough for me not to overbalance.

I struggle on a pushbike so this is a real issue.

But at least I don't have to do my CBT or theory test ever again, and there is no time limit now so the pressure is off.

Well done! If you can't get an instructor to take you out on your own bike, find one who is good at teaching people with shorter legs :lol:

There are loads of tips and tricks to get around not being able to put both feet on the ground, but most of all you need the confidence to practice them. An good instructor will help a lot with that!

Edited by Arwen

Well done!

You need to find an instructor that will meet you at your house, put the headset on you and give you lessons on your 250. You can get insurance for your bike in your name if you haven’t already. Look into it.

Sadly this is not the case. My instructor enquired about this last year. The bike will have to be at least a 500cc, with that power to weight ratio thing that I don't understand, but the gist of it is that my 250 is not suitable because it doesn't fulfil the requirements. A pity, but there it is.

Congratulations big styley! I’ve spent a few mins reading your early posts and I have to say wow you have got some strong genes, what great perseverance, you deserve that pass :thumb:

Really? I can't find many of my old posts. Sometimes I wish I'd kept a diary.

Congratulations big styley! I’ve spent a few mins reading your early posts and I have to say wow you have got some strong genes, what great perseverance, you deserve that pass :thumb:

Really? I can't find many of my old posts. Sometimes I wish I'd kept a diary.

Click on your name and scroll down to search users posts to see every post you’ve ever made.

Well done!

You need to find an instructor that will meet you at your house, put the headset on you and give you lessons on your 250. You can get insurance for your bike in your name if you haven’t already. Look into it.

Sadly this is not the case. My instructor enquired about this last year. The bike will have to be at least a 500cc, with that power to weight ratio thing that I don't understand, but the gist of it is that my 250 is not suitable because it doesn't fulfil the requirements. A pity, but there it is.

Thank you for enlightening me. The rules keep changing and I’m obviously out of touch.

Sorry to hear you are going to find the next step a big challenge.

A pain, isn't it? The irony is that my 250 is actually lighter and easier than my 125. I've only ridden it once, in a car park. I keep it on the road so my husband can ride it and keep it charged up for me so once when we went out I had a go on it in a big empty car park.