To all of those who feel disheartened when they don’t manage to pass the cbt the first time- i Passed the second time( didn’t manage the road test on the first day as it was way too hot -heatwave 😞)

But I passed the following week when it was a lot cooler.

It was my first time riding a bike on the roads and manoeuvring a bike correctly, had a great instructor, loads of patience and really settled my nerves @ motor cycle training Wales

But also done my theory test and waiting to do the das (it’s all booked 😁)

While I passed my CBT first time I personally think that those of you who don’t complete the first time will come away a more confident rider the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time. Whatever it takes! Not completing means more tuition, more experience, more supervision during your earliest riding and much more of a determination to be awesome!

I will relate this to my car test which I had to take 3 times. I did 5 days intensive training and then a test. I was still nervous as hell and I look back on that failure as being a real plus for me. Even though I was gutted at the time I was never ready.

I then got bought a cheap car by my grandad and every day my dad would sit with me while I drove back and forth work in rush hour. I was so nervous at work about having to drive home surrounded by angry impatient people, my stomach would literally churn.

But as the days passed it became easy and I built great confidence. 2nd test I drove absolutely perfectly and failed. Reason given was the examiner saw no demonstration of my observation. I was literally checking mirrors every 5 or 6 seconds but my eye movements didn’t get picked up so then I had to become a flaming actor! I was so mad that the 3rd time around I actually drove slightly worse (touched over 30mph a couple times and picked up a couple minors) but I was literally craning my neck everywhere like a mad man.

I passed.

The point I’m getting at is although the feeling of failure can make you feel quite negative and even not good enough at times, use it in a positive way. Go back and be awesome like you know you can be, however many times it takes. Determination is everything and early on at least you’ll be the better rider for it.

I on the other hand passed my CBT first time and am walking away feeling nervous as hell that I’m now on my own! Building my own confidence has to happen alone :shock:

• 1 month later...

While I passed my CBT first time I personally think that those of you who don’t complete the first time will come away a more confident rider the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time. Whatever it takes! Not completing means more tuition, more experience, more supervision during your earliest riding and much more of a determination to be awesome!

I will relate this to my car test which I had to take 3 times. I did 5 days intensive training and then a test. I was still nervous as hell and I look back on that failure as being a real plus for me. Even though I was gutted at the time I was never ready.

I then got bought a cheap car by my grandad and every day my dad would sit with me while I drove back and forth work in rush hour. I was so nervous at work about having to drive home surrounded by angry impatient people, my stomach would literally churn.

But as the days passed it became easy and I built great confidence. 2nd test I drove absolutely perfectly and failed. Reason given was the examiner saw no demonstration of my observation. I was literally checking mirrors every 5 or 6 seconds but my eye movements didn’t get picked up so then I had to become a flaming actor! I was so mad that the 3rd time around I actually drove slightly worse (touched over 30mph a couple times and picked up a couple minors) but I was literally craning my neck everywhere like a mad man.

I passed.

The point I’m getting at is although the feeling of failure can make you feel quite negative and even not good enough at times, use it in a positive way. Go back and be awesome like you know you can be, however many times it takes. Determination is everything and early on at least you’ll be the better rider for it.

I on the other hand passed my CBT first time and am walking away feeling nervous as hell that I’m now on my own! Building my own confidence has to happen alone :shock:

Brilliant advice, especially as I didn't pass my cbt only a few days ago. This has given me food for thought.