ride a bicycle

I'm not kidding about this. On my CBT course there was a 16year old kid on his second CBT still struggling to master a scooter. I asked if he had a bike and he said "somewhere". His problem was .... ALL OF IT!!!!

My suggestion to anyone starting to ride is to master:- balance, steering, positioning, traffic awareness, and lifesavers on a motorbike without a motor. The skills are the same - especially on a road /cyclocross bike where you are angled forwards. Its like the biplane of fighter pilot school. You get to isolate the skills that you are learning. If you can't perform a figure 8 on a bicycle ......

OK, so at MY CBT I needed to unlearn my left hand brake, but that went away by the next time I sat on a bike (brain reboot). Now as I ride my 125 300 miles a week and work towards my DAS I have a new set of problems:- visor fog, autumn road krap, doing it all in full body armor.... in the dark. At least I can work on my slow speed clutch control with a sense of balance, and I'm not scared of traffic.

But don't let that stop you booking your CBT. Just add this ..... If you want.

P.S. horror thought:- I wonder if they will extent CBT to electric bicycles :shock:

Is it a sign of the times? When I was a kid our entertainment was either kicking a football around or riding for miles on our pushbikes.......computer games didn't exist, TV was (and still is) sh*t, no such thing as social media, etc...... :roll: My dad worked long hours and my mum didn't have a car.....so, if I wanted to go somewhere I had to walk or bike it, or use public transport........and then lick road clean wi' tongue..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

...P.S. horror thought:- I wonder if they will extent CBT to electric bicycles :shock:

The CBT should be extended to all bicycles. And force a number plate and 3rd party insurance on them to take them on a public highway

You might first want to check the success of every bike number plate scheme that has been tried around the world. I can break the surprise to you but I don't want to ruin your enjoyment of doing a bit of research

ps London hire bikes all have registration numbers on them, I'll let you guess how many times they've been used in reports to the police

pps I have 3rd party insurance, as do many other cyclists

...P.S. horror thought:- I wonder if they will extent CBT to electric bicycles :shock:

The CBT should be extended to all bicycles. And force a number plate and 3rd party insurance on them to take them on a public highway

.....and then make them take an unnecessary series of tests that are so convoluted, so complicated, such a PITA that it'll scare the living daylights out of them or piss 'em off so much that they will just plump for a car, instead.......

.....oh, wait. ........ :shock: