day 2/3/4/5 training

day 6 mod 1 and mod 2 tests :shock:

Is that normal?

Most schools i see on youtube have it this way:

Day 1: CBT

day 2/3 training and mod 1

day 4/5 training

day 6 training and mod 2

Mine did same way, they have lot of success that way but you are at risk of having to pay for a mod 2 you can't do if you fail mod 1.

Despite my disastrous attempts at mod 1 I preferred the training this way as mod 1 practice was a few hours inbetween riding around, instructor said when he tried doing a full day mod 1 practice people would just get wound up and end up worse off, mod 1 is very technical and takes a lot of concentration, that split with going for a joy ride made it less of a chore.

Mine did same way, they have lot of success that way but you are at risk of having to pay for a mod 2 you can't do if you fail mod 1.

Despite my disastrous attempts at mod 1 I preferred the training this way as mod 1 practice was a few hours inbetween riding around, instructor said when he tried doing a full day mod 1 practice people would just get wound up and end up worse off, mod 1 is very technical and takes a lot of concentration, that split with going for a joy ride made it less of a chore.

Makes sense in some ways, I just do not want to be worrying about Mod 2 whilst doing Mod 1.

If you do not mind me asking what did you find hard on mod 1 how many times did it take you to pass? Also did you find mod 2 easier?

A girl at work said she preferred mod 2, and thought mod 1 was much more of a hassle than real riding on the road, I always assumed mod 2 would be harder but after listening to what she said I kinda see how she could be right

Makes sense in some ways, I just do not want to be worrying about Mod 2 whilst doing Mod 1.

If you do not mind me asking what did you find hard on mod 1 how many times did it take you to pass? Also did you find mod 2 easier?

A girl at work said she preferred mod 2, and thought mod 1 was much more of a hassle than real riding on the road, I always assumed mod 2 would be harder but after listening to what she said I kinda see how she could be right

Tbh found nothing hard about it in the end, instructor deliberately put cones closer together in training so when it came to day course felt massive. But what can only be nerves I put foot down on U-Turn (twice) which in practice I nailed every time, rest of test was perfect minus a dip on speed trap for swerve but 2nd run was fine.

Never got to final retest, decided to have a week fully inclusive holiday instead courtesy of the NHS after a quick practice session before hand :lol: still not fit enough to ride.

But on the day mod 2 never entered my mind, didn't really get chance to think about anything other than what I was doing at the time.

I hated mod 1 (passed second time, by the skin of my teeth) and really enjoyed mod 2 (passed first time).

But I have a work colleague who loved the mod 1 (passed first time) and loathed the mod 2 (took 3 attempts to pass).

It'll just come down to you.

Funnily enough as I've spent more and more time on a big bike I think I'd enjoy redoing the mod 1 activities as I'm just more comfortable on it now. But on the flipside I wouldn't have the pressure of needing to pass I guess.

I hated mod 1 (passed second time, by the skin of my teeth) and really enjoyed mod 2 (passed first time).

But I have a work colleague who loved the mod 1 (passed first time) and loathed the mod 2 (took 3 attempts to pass).

It'll just come down to you.

Funnily enough as I've spent more and more time on a big bike I think I'd enjoy redoing the mod 1 activities as I'm just more comfortable on it now. But on the flipside I wouldn't have the pressure of needing to pass I guess.

Ah okay, not sure if this counts for anything but I am really good at slow manoeuvres on a bicycle hopefully that balance will transfer onto a bike

A little... in the sense you already know about how important vision is.

Not so much... in that on a bicycle we usually cut the power (freewheel) as we perform the manoeuvre to avoid pedal strike or toe overlap. Do that on a motorbike (pull the clutch in and the bike will visit the ground awfully fast).

A little... in the sense you already know about how important vision is.

Not so much... in that on a bicycle we usually cut the power (freewheel) as we perform the manoeuvre to avoid pedal strike or toe overlap. Do that on a motorbike (pull the clutch in and the bike will visit the ground awfully fast).

oooooooo nervous now haha

Try not to sweat it. I did it so you don't have to. Learn from me :wink:

Keep those arms loose. Remember to breathe (that may sound silly, but it amazed me how much I could tense up and hold my breath).

Getting nervous is a self-fulfilling cycle so just focus on enjoying it.

Mine was essentially the same approach, although there was a clear option of booking the two tests on the same day at the end, or alternatively booking Mod 2 after passing Mod 1. Just as matter of how risk averse you are, really.

I can see the argument with the benefit of hindsight that doing mod 1 stuff after several solid days on the bike probably isn't a bad thing. I did the 'day of training take your mod 1 test a week later' approach. It wasn't a day of *just* mod 1 exercises but it's definitely the sort of thing that can only get easier as you get used to the weight and feel of the bike.

Try not to sweat it. I did it so you don't have to. Learn from me :wink:

Keep those arms loose. Remember to breathe (that may sound silly, but it amazed me how much I could tense up and hold my breath).

Getting nervous is a self-fulfilling cycle so just focus on enjoying it.

Alright thanks for the tips :) I am very excited but nervous at the same time as I am not that rich atm, can not really afford to fail