Taking CBT in two sessions?

Hey guys, was wondering if it's possible to do the course over a 2 day period in afternoons? I have health issues around mood and anxiety and struggle with this in the mornings, so i'm hoping there are ways to work around it. TIA

The CBT isn't a test. You essentially have to convince the instructor that you have the basic skills to ride a bike and be safe on the road, whether that takes a few hours or a few days.

The problem you may have is finding an instructor who can accommodate you. If you're doing it in a group with a normal training school then the logistics would be difficult and many may just flat out refuse rather than deal with the hassle.

A self employed 1-2-1 instructor may be a better choice as they can tailor things to suit you more easily (and they aren't excessively more expensive). However bear in mind you're asking them to have 2 unpaid mornings so flexibility is key. My instructor always block booked early morning Mod 1 & 2 tests so wasn't uncommon to have an unbooked afternoon free.

So yes it is possible, you just need to find someone willing to do it. Best option would be to draft an email and send it to every training school and instructor you can find in the area.

I was going to do mine over 2 day's, and found an instructor that was willing to accommodate, luckily though, i was able to do it in 1 day, but a good instructor will help you as much as they can, good luck :thumb:

Yes!

I did a two day CBT. I'd never even sat on a bike in my life!

Day one: CBT session on a 110cc scooter, went well, got the certificate

Day two: No certificate needed, but same thing done on a 125 geared bike :)

There's at least one school around here that offers a late-afternoon-into-evening CBT in the summer months for people who are allergic to mornings.