My entitlement for mid-life...

Hi there...just need a bit of help please on whether I’m entitled to ride a bike with my current driving licence...mid-life setting in and need to act fast lol....ty...

Category AM

Category A with code 79(3)

Hi and welcome

lets have a photo of the back to be sure but I am pretty sure you passed car test before Feb 2001 and you have a full moped licence

The category A with the 79 code is restricted to tricycles :thumb:

Almost a full house :lol:

You can ride a moped which is 49cc and restricted to 31 MPH

you could do CBT which will take you to 125cc

or you would have to do full test to ride any sized bike

The A with 79 (3) is restricted to trikes as you can ride a trike on car or bike licence :)

Mine has a lot of space on the back .

....you don't actually have a car license at all? :shock:

No , it just never happened . I did hold five FLT certificates and an instructor / examiners licence once .

I always wanted to beat my dad who had tanks or track laying entitlement on his so I did my HGV1 but refused to drive anything you could put 40 screaming kids on so his coach licence put us about even lol.

He passed his bike test in 58 ish and only ever rode a scooter ! (mind you living in London him and my mum toured Cornwall and the Lake district on the dammed thing before I was born.

• 4 months later...

Bit off topic but why have I got so little categories on the back of mine in comparison!

Ooof. Never seen one like that. You're hardly allowed to do anything. :shock:

Anyone who passed their car test prior to 1st January 1997 also received entitlement for BE, C1, C1E, D1 and D1E but since then you don't. I think it's a good idea as people who have passed their driving test can barely drive a car let alone a minibus with trailer.