A2 TO FULL LICENCE. HELP

Hi Guys

New here so be kind... I stupidly did my A2 when I was 23 and now realise I should have just waited until I was 24 and do the same test rather than now having to pay out twice. Does anyone have any advice on the best routes to getting my full licence?

Should I bother doing the training or just book the tests?

Realistically do I need to do the full test or would I ‘get away’ with sticking on an A2 licence but riding an unrestricted bike?

And finally, if I do go for my full licence do I need to retake my theory or just do mod 1 and 2 again?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

I have copied and pasted this from a training schools website, it should help :D

If you passed your A2 motorcycle licence and wish to upgrade to DAS (an unrestricted motorbike licence), then you do not necessarily have to wait until you have held your A2 licence for 2 years before upgrading, since you meet the minimum age requirement of 24 to take the direct access test.

However, if you wish to upgrade before having held your A2 licence for 2 years, your motorcycle theory certificate will still need to be in date! If your motorcycle theory certificate has expired, then you will either need to re-take the motorcycle theory test again, or wait until you have held your A2 licence for a minimum of 2 years before you can upgrade your licence

I wouldn't recommend risking it and just riding anything as if you get caught it will be classed as riding with no license, no insurance etc

Google says

If you have held an A2 licence for at least two years you upgrade to your full A licence by passing the two-part practical test, without taking your theory again. This means you can take the test when you are 21 instead of 24, as with the direct access route.